Ucom is looking for a Linux/ Unix Administrator, who will install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools;
- Install, configure, test and maintain SAN infrastructure (FC switches, Disk arrays, tape libraries);
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
- Monitor and test system performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with vendors to implement those fixes;
- Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies;
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks;
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems;
- Provide 2-nd and 3-rd level support;
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- BS/ MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field;
- Strong knowledge in support and implementation of Linux/ Unix systems (RHEL, HP-UX, Solaris, etc,);
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and Unix/ Linux based environments;
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, etc.);
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes VMware, Xen, KVM, etc.);
- Experience with monitoring (Nagios, Zabbix) and analytical systems;
- Experience with automation software (e.g. Ansible, Pupet);
- Solid scripting skills (shell scripts, Perl, Python, VBScript, etc.);
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/ IP);
- Solid SAN infrastructure knowledge;
- Experience in administration of NetBackup system is preferred;
- Familiarity with BigData solutions (eg. Hadoop, Kafka, Flume, Hive, etc.).
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
mentioning the position title ("Linux/ Unix Administrator") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.