Supported by the European Union, the project "Building Sustainable and Professional Media in Armenia" aims to strengthen the Armenian media sector and thus to contribute to freedom of expression and media development in South Caucasus. The project cycle starts on 01 March 2021 and ends on 31 November 2023.
- Oversee implementation of the project activities in Armenia, including events, professional training courses and on-job consultations, in coordination with the DW Akademie Project Manager and the project partners;
- Oversee the performance of hired trainers and consultants on the ground including trainers’ performance and training evaluation;
- Support the Project Manager in achieving the defined objectives and ensuring the smooth running of the Project in accordance with the standards of the EU and possibly other funders;
- Support the Project Manager in all administrative and organizational tasks on the ground;
- Coordinate programmatic reporting on the ground in compliance with the DW Akademie’s requirements and standards, and in close coordination with the Project Manager;
- Perform project related research and analysis, and report in writing to the Project Manager;
- Oversee annual project evaluation on the ground in close coordination with the Project Manager.
- Master’s degree in Management or comparable qualifications;
- Experience in management positions, preferably at international development or donor organizations;
- Knowledge of the Armenia media industry or work experience with media is highly desired;
- Experience with multi-year, non-profit and donor-supported project management;
- Professional experience in managing the EU funded projects or programs is an advantage but not mandatory;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and ability to identify challenges and necessary solutions;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and Russian languages; knowledge of German language will be considered as a strong advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, email, communication platforms).
All interested candidates, who qualify for the above-listed requirements, are invited to send their resume and a cover letter no later than the due date and to the following address: email@example.com
. Please, mention the position title ("Local Project Manager") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Deutsche Welle (DW) promotes diversity and equal opportunities. All applications are welcome regardless of nationality, cultural, ethnic or social background, sexual orientation, age, gender or impairment. The Company particularly welcomes applications from women for this position. The position can also be filled by part-time employees if interested. In case of equal aptitude DW especially takes people with severe disabilities into consideration.