International Republican Institute is looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Contracts Officer. The MEL and Contracts Officer takes the lead on activities aimed at comprehensive and accurate data collection, proper database management and analysis of results for the purpose of reporting on project implementation. He/ she also coordinates procurement, contracting and recruitment operations. The MEL and Contracts Officer is a member of the program team and administrative team. The MEL and Contracts Officer will assist the Resident Program Director (RPD) and the Senior Program Manager (SPM) in the implementation and reporting of all project activities.
The MEL and Contracts Officer will:
- Lead programmatic expertise procurement and contracting (i.e. expert services) in conjunction with the IRI/Armenia Field Accountant and IRI Procurement Team in DC;
- Lead higher-amount procurement and contracting (i.e. large purchases not covered by the 10,000 USD micro purchase ceiling) in conjunction with the IRI/Armenia Field Accountant and IRI Procurement Team in DC;
- Support financial/ accounting operations, including ensuring that vendors provide correct and timely documentation, including Instruct vendors on required documents for procurement and Prepare vendor information;
- Work closely with Program teams to create programmatic budgets and monitor expenses, to ensure that expenditures remain within budget allocations;
- Coordinate and manage full cycle recruiting and hiring activities;
- Aggregate and combine program relevant monitoring and evaluation data, update PMPs;
- Collect or facilitate the collection of relevant MEL data for all program activities; prepare updates on the targets as contained in the country program Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP);
- Collect or facilitate the collection of inputs for the weekly and quarterly reports and submit to Resident Program Director (RPD. Distributes the IRI Armenia weekly and Activity reports);
- In coordination with DC program and evaluation staff, design data collection and evaluation tools;
- Provide technical support for data collection tools and methods to IRI’s program staff throughout the entire project life cycle;
- Support program staff to identify expected results and develop benchmarks and indicators to track changes and measure progress during project implementation;
- Design, lead and support internal evaluation efforts of projects including needs assessments as well as baseline, midline, and end line evaluations;
- Support program staff in data analysis for evaluations as well as monitoring efforts. Program staff carries the primary responsibility for providing content. Data analysis is carried out in coordination with the DC program staff and OMEL team;
- Facilitate and contribute to new project proposal development to develop approaches, theories of change, activity designs, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) requirements (MEL plans, narratives, indicator matrices, etc.) for new proposals;
- Participate in the design of IRI’s programmatic activities;
- Prepare external and internal communications materials on IRI’s monitoring, evaluation and learning efforts;
- Collect or facilitate the collection of lessons learned and success stories from planning and implementation of activities;
- Perform other duties as assigned by RPD.
- Master's degree in Public Policy, International Development, Law, Finance or another relevant field;
- At least 5 years of experience in implementing development related projects, preferably in the field of democratic governance;
- At least 2 years of relevant financial and/ or accounting experience is a plus;
- Experience working on USAID or other similar donor projects and programs is strongly preferred;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages.
Interested parties are requested to send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating the position title ("MEL and Contracts Officer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Commensurate with experience.