The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will support the EU4Sevan project results-based monitoring system as well as specific M&E activities to ensure the quality and effectiveness of the project implementation. The Intern will provide assistance to the project team in developing finalizing the results framework during project implementation, creating M&E processes and tools, and contributing to measuring of results.
- Assist project team in setting up systems for project M&E system;
- Assist with data collection;
- Assist with the design and development of questionnaires for data collection and analysis if needed;
- Assist with research and writing or editing;
- Support the team during the project events;
- Support the team through various administrative duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Ability to read, understand and explain documents in English language;
- Advanced quantitative skills;
- Knowledge of statistical programs is preferred;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to manage diverse activities and to meet deadlines; flexibility to changing situations and priorities is desired;
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant experience and education, copies of all relevant educational reports and employers' references (if available) to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de
indicating the vacancy title ("Monitoring and Evaluation Intern for EU4Sevan") in the subject line of the email. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 59, Hanrapetutyan Str., Yerevan. GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Position and duration subject to EU mandate.
The "South Caucasus Environmental Programme" aims to improve the management of natural resources and the conservation of ecosystem services for sustainable development in rural areas. The EU-funded component in Armenia focuses on the protection of Lake Sevan, the largest freshwater lake in the Caucasus, and is implemented jointly with UNDP Armenia under a Multi Partner Contribution Agreement. The project is based on the approach of integrated water resources management and creates scalable solutions at local level as well as better conditions for major infrastructure investments in the future. The government partner for the EU project in Armenia is the Ministry of Environment and subordinated bodies.