Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Armenia and direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative and the LTO in close collaboration with the FAO Teams in Armenia and REU and the national institutions such as Ministry of Nature Protection, Ministry of Economy, etc. the National Consultant will perform below tasks.
- Provide inputs to the documents of the Lead project;
- Develop and design FAO's activities related to agriculture and rural development in details in scope of the Lead project;
- Based on the national experience of agriculture and rural development policy provide recommendations on the implementation of Leader approach in Armenia;
- Technically contribute to the review of national agricultural and rural development policy documents and outline specific action for FAO support in parties engaged in agriculture in rural communities;
- Participate in the discussions, meetings and workshops on the Lead project and other rural development issues within FAO's team;
- Prepare reports on the Lead project and other agriculture issues during implementation period;
- Participate in reviews of reports and in FAO activities concerned with rural development;
- Participate in the assessment of investment implications of parties engaged in agricultural and rural development activities;
- Participate in activities related to COVID component of the Lead project;
- Contribute to the relevant activities of the inception phase of the Lead project;
- Promote knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and interact with international and national partners;
- Liaise with the EUD, UNDP, ADA and other agencies on cooperation and formulation of joint activities;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in Agricultural Policy, Agriculture Economics, Agribusiness Management, Rural Development, Public Policy or a closely related field;
- 3 years of relevant experience in agriculture or agriculture and rural development policy, preferably with international and national organizations;
- Good knowledge of public policy processes is an asset;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is an asset;
- Good communication skills.
In order to apply, please create an online profile based on the guidelines: http://www.fao.org/3/CA0378EN/ca0378en.PDF
. Please send the PDF profile with a letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating the vacancy announcement code ("VA/FEARM/2020/003") in the subject line of the email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Citizens of RA