The National Expert on Housing Policy and Multi-Apartment Building Management will work under the overall guidance of UNDP Armenia Climate, Environment and Resilience Portfolio Analyst and direct supervision of the Climate Change Programme Coordinator and "De-risking and Scaling-up Investments in Energy Efficient Building Retrofits" UNDP-GCF Project Manager, directly reporting to the latter.
- Interact, facilitate and support the work with local stakeholders (e.g., the RA Urban Development Committee, RA Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure, RA Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, Yerevan Municipality, etc.) on issues related to improvement of legislation of multi-apartment buildings (MABs) management (to ensure that respective changes in new draft law and regulations in that sector will ensure/ consider promotion and support for reduction of energy consumption);
- Provide technical assistance on legislative reform, including binding legislation on building codes, adequate secondary legislation on MABs management, which hinder risks in investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy measures implementation;
- Coordinate and contribute to the works on elaboration and delivery of training programs for managers of multi-apartment buildings of the pilot/ demonstration projects, as well as for potential interested residential buildings management bodies;
- Coordinate and contribute the works on establishment of the resource centers in communities for HOA and MAB management related support/ trainings/ capacity building;
- Coordinate and contribute to the works on elaboration of standards for management and service of MABs related to the objectives of the projects, e.g., support communities with establishing of accumulative funds for sustainable maintenance of EE retrofitted MABs;
- Provide support to policy-makers in selecting public instruments using UNDP's de-risking framework to promote sustainable energy investment in MABs in regions and in Yerevan;
- Develop sample agreements and provide support to building owners/ managers/ owner associations in establishing contractual relations with ESCOs, financial institutions, private investors in executing projects related to energy efficiency retrofit projects;
- Assist the Project management in communication with national and local authorities on issues related to residential sector energy efficiency promotions (analytical reports, notes, letters, etc.);
- Contribute to the Project related periodic reporting (UNDP, GCF, Steering Committee, National stakeholders, etc.).
- At least a master’s degree or equivalent in the field of Law, Economics, Management, Civil Engineering and Architecture;
- At least 2 years of extensive experience in housing stock management policy development, MABs management, urban development regulations or relevant;
- Good understanding of the background situation and current developments with housing policy in Armenia;
- Solid experience of policymaking with state institutions;
- Ability to systemize, analyze and present the data;
- Result oriented, fact-based management approach;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English languages, with good writing skills; knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
- Proven experience in energy and environment related sphere; Working experience with international donor organizations is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values;
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to demonstrate/ safeguard ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrated corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Ability to act as a team player and facilitate team work;
- Ability to facilitate and encourage open communication in the team, communicate effectively.
Job Knowledge/ Technical Expertise
- Actively work towards continuing personal learning, understand more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization;
- Serve as internal consultant in the area of expertise and share knowledge with staff;
- Keep abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge, and seek to develop him/ herself professionally.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to provide input to business processes, re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents;
- Capacity to implement assigned goals and objectives in accordance with the Project Document.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focus on result for the client and respond positively to feedback;
- Ability to achieve results and meet strict deadlines in an effective manner, maintaining high quality standards;
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Interested candidates may apply through UNDP E-Recruitment system via the below link: https://tinyurl.com/2szdpcws
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
- Contract type: National Personnel Service Agreement - NPSA
- Position level: NB4
The Climate, Environment and Resilience Portfolio projects have common overarching goal to support greenhouse gas emissions mitigation. The mentioned objective can be achieved through improved regulatory framework and defining the proper responsibilities for enforcement mechanisms; demonstration of advantages of the energy efficiency measures through partnership with municipalities and buildings management bodies; introduction of proper economic instruments and incentive schemes, national capacity building for testing and labelling of energy efficient appliances, as well as through broad measures aimed at increasing awareness on benefits of energy efficiency.