FAO Country Office of Armenia (FAO Armenia) and the Environmental Project Implementation Unit (EPIU) are the Executing Entities (EEs) of the Green Climate Fud (GCF) project of GCP/ARM/008/GCF project “Forest Resilience of Armenia, Enhancing Adaptation and Rural Green Growth via Mitigation (thereafter “the Project”)”. EPIU will enter the project execution acting as the Operational Partner (OP) under the FAO Operational Partners Implementation Modality (OPIM), whose obligations are detailed in the Operational Agreement (OPA).
- Lead the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit of the Project nested in the EPIU including the formation of the M&E and knowledge management team;
- Develop and update the M&E Plan of the Project based on the Funding Proposal and its annexes, including Feasibility Study, Gender Assessment and Action Plan, Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP), Risk Assessment and Management, and carbon accounting of the Project; develop any practical tools for efficient and effective M&E activities;
- Review the project baseline along with the approved Funding Proposal and its annexes and provide inputs to the Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWP/B) and required reports and manuals for the Project (e.g. Project Implementation Manual, Inception Report);
- Provide inputs to EEs related to M&E of the Project to ensure effective and efficient project execution and results delivery in accordance with the M&E Plan, the project performance measurement framework and AWP/B;
- Monitor the project cycle using the M&E plan with a combination of tools based on field data collection, georeferencing and geospatial analysis;
- Ensure respect of the Gender and Environment Action Plan, including the promotion and execution of intense training for EPIU and partners focusing on gender mainstreaming and the prevention of sexual harassment or any harassment for that matter as well as abuse of authority;
- Ensure Environmental and Social Safeguards and of reporting/ advising for the EPIU;
- Provide technical support and guidance to the EEs, Project Management Unit (PMU) and experts regarding M&E to ensure compliance with FAO's environmental and social safeguards policies and procedures;
- Participate in field missions, as required, and provide relevant recommendations and action steps on M&E of the Project to the EEs;
- Responsible for the entire knowledge transfer processes to stakeholders across the project components via trainings and knowledge sharing events as identified on a yearly basis in the AWP/Bs and described in each of the components;
- Responsible for the socialization of project’s data and information, communication with the media, and coordination of the national engagement process;
- Prepare and ensure the quality of progress/ monitoring reports related to M&E of the Project (e.g. Technical Reports, Quarterly reports, Annual reports), as indicated in the Feasibility Study of the approved Funding Proposal;
- Organize and/ or participate in meetings and workshops, as needed;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in Environmental Management, Natural Resource Management, Social Sciences, Agriculture or a related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in M&E of international projects, natural resources management, environmental and social safeguards implementation or related fields;
- Excellent working knowledge of and writing and communication skills in English language; working knowledge of Russian language is an asset;
- Nationality of Armenia.
Interested candidates are welcome to follow the link and complete the application online: https://tinyurl.com/2p8tbe4k
. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. If you need help, or have queries, please contact the Company at: Careers@fao.org
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.