The FAO Representation Office in Armenia under Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU) is responsible for leading FAO's response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the country. In close cooperation with the Government of Armenia, it ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the country. FAO Representation in Armenia supports policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development. A person for this function will be recruited under the project(s), based on FAO HR rules. Under the direct supervision of FAO Representative in Armenia and the overall supervision of Project Manager/ Operations Specialist.
- Monitor the process for provision of goods and services for the project;
- Conduct market surveys via available reference resources and databases;
- Prepare and clear tendering documents, such as Invitations for Bids, Requests for Quotation (RFQ), Requests for Proposal (RFP), Request for Interest (RFI), etc. and necessary specifications, as well as prepare the contracts for Service providers. Review applications and prepare summary and relevant documents;
- Organize and launch the tenders using appropriate method of purchase according to FAO rules and regulations;
- Organize Local Procurement Committee (LPC) meetings and prepare relevant reports;
- Monitor suppliers’ performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services;
- Identify inconsistencies and delays and, when necessary, propose corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Collaborate with inspection and delivery companies;
- Take responsibility for custom clearance of FAO goods delivered and for ensuring that goods are received in good condition.
- Monitor the proper maintenance of local inventory records, their custody and safeguard;
- Monitor the preparation of documents for transfer and handover of equipment in compliance with FAO procurement and assets management procedures;
- Consult with REU/HQ procurement unit if needed;
- Participate in the preparation of periodic and ad hoc reports and ensure their timely submission to project management;
- Provide other financial and administrative support as needed.
- University degree in Economics, Agriculture Economics, Statistics or a closely related field;
- 3 years of relevant experience and strong analytics, research skills;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is an asset;
- Good communication and writing skills;
- National of Armenia or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
Interested candidates are welcome to follow the link and complete the application online: https://tinyurl.com/2p894ynn
. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. If you need help, or have queries, please contact the Company at: Careers@fao.org
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.