WFP Armenia is hiring a National Programme Policy Officer (School Meals Programme implementation), to continue coordinating the implementation of the WFP/ Armenia School Meals Programme and supporting the capacity strengthening of the Government of Armenia to take over the National School Feeding Programme in the country. This role will be under the overall guidance of the Country Director and the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director.
- Coordinate the implementation of the core components of the School Feeding Programme in Armenia, ensuring (a) schoolchildren in the targeted areas receive a nutritious, hot, diversified meal that meets their basic food and nutrition needs every day that they attend school; (b) schoolchildren benefit from rehabilitated school facilities and equipment, including kitchens that improve the delivery of school meals; (c) schools and communities benefit from investments in school-based agricultural projects;
- Contribute towards the development new school-based programmes, workplans as well as standard operating procedures, ensuring alignment with the Country Strategic Plan, wider programme policies and guidance;
- Guide and supervise field implementation staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them to develop appropriate resource allocation plans;
- Work closely with Finance and Supply Chain units to manage and plan resources, including budget and procurement planning;
- Work closely with key partners and stakeholders of the School Feeding Programme implementation, including Government counterparts at central and field levels, NGOs, implementing partners and other UN agencies;
- Coordinate transitional model from direct food to cash-based transfer modality; develop and oversee the work plan;
- Coordinate needs assessment and field missions, develop appropriate plans for the improvement of infrastructure and equipment at schools, other initiatives linked to the transformational school feeding, to improve the delivery of the school meals;
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programme and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders;
- Work closely with communications officer to develop visibility and communications materials for the School Feeding Programme;
- Contribute to the capacity strengthening of the national government and implementing partners to administer the School Feeding Programme according to the handover plan, as required;
- Support policy and strategy development on transformative school feeding programme, in line with national standards;
- Support WFP’s technical assistance to relevant ministries for the preparation of regulations and guidelines on school meals, in line with national health and hygiene specifications and international standards;
- Support efforts to engage in partnerships to enhance school feeding implementation and raise financial support for transformative school feeding activities;
- Contribute to WFP’s global evidence base on school feeding activities and actively share evidence and experiences from Armenia;
- Perform other related duties if required.
- Advanced university degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/ Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or first university degree with additional years of related work experience and/ or trainings/ courses;
- Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in English and Armenian languages; intermediate knowledge (level B) of Russian language is desired;
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience in a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, reporting, partnership and coordination with government and other high standing entities;
- Experience in implementing programmes and providing input into designing operations;
- Experience in providing input into policy discussions and decisions;
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Ability to plan and organize work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
All qualified candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to submit their online application accompanied by an updated Curriculum Vitae (in English language) through WFP e-recruitment system at the following link: https://tinyurl.com/UNWFP-UNPolicyOfficer
. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
All qualified candidates who meet the requirements
Grade: National Officer - Level A (NOA)