Strategic Development Agency (SDA) NGO is looking for a Host Company Representative within the framework of the "Promoting Partnerships for Effective Work-Based Learning Opportunities in VET" Project. The purpose of this assignment is to establish two Working Groups (WG) (Veterinarian WG and Milk and Dairy Technology WG) to revise the Education Standards and Curricula of Veterinarian and Milk and Dairy Technology professions as well as to develop Practical (Workplace Training) Modules for both professions according to the principles of work-based learning education. The position requires frequent travels to Syunik and Lori marzes of Armenia.
- Participate in all Working Group meetings;
- Provide professional feedback on the particular knowledge/ skills that VET graduates are short of and that could be covered by WBL;
- Ensure that the timeframe (season) for the particular practical work-based learning elements of the revised Education Plans and curricula is appropriately defined from the real business point of view;
- Assess the possible risks of adopting WBL principles in the Host Companies and the ways on managing them.
- At least 3 years of work/ teaching experience in a corresponding field;
- Understanding of the teaching processes and ability to share practical real work-based knowledge, skills and attitude with students;
- Knowledge of VET sector is preferable;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to work individually and be part of a team.
To apply, please send a CV (no longer than two pages) and a one-page cover letter to: Lilit Hovhannisyan, Project Manager to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by the deadline. Please mention the position title ("Host Company Representative") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The "Promoting Partnerships for Effective Work-Based Learning Opportunities in VET" Project (September 2019 - April 2021) is implemented by the Strategic Development Agency (SDA) NGO under the funding from the European Union in two marzes of Armenia: Syunik and Lori. The Project's overall objective is to contribute to sustainable and inclusive socio-economic development through establishment of VET-business partnerships to promote development of WBL and improving the quality of education in VETs (Goris and Stepanavan State Agricultural Colleges) in Syunik and Lori marzes of Armenia.
TOR General EU_English.zip - ToR
Strategic Development Agency (SDA) NGO is an Armenian development organization implementing numerous operational projects, research and analysis, business and management advice, in cooperation with a number of international organizations such as Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), German International Cooperation (GIZ), UN Global Environmental Facility (GEF), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, European Union (EU) Delegation to Armenia.