The Open Society Foundations, Armenia is currently seeking a Program Coordinator for the areas of human rights and civil society. This position is under the supervision of the Foundation's Executive Director and Deputy Director for Programs.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate grants and projects within the Foundation's programs of human rights and civil society development;
- Review project proposals, prepare their overviews, formulate a list of suggestions and follow-up activities;
- Conduct research projects in the fields of human rights and civil society based on the Foundation's priorities;
- Participate in the implementation of field projects of the Foundation.
- University degree in Law, Human Rights and/ or other social sciences;
- At least 5 years of experience in human rights, and/ or civil society development fields in an international organization;
- Clear understanding of the critical human rights challenges and needs in Armenia, of international trends in human rights, democracy promotion and civil society development;
- Knowledge of public policy issues related to the reforms undertaken in Armenia, specifically in the field of human rights and fundamental freedoms;
- In-depth knowledge of national strategies, legislation, regulations, commitments, obligations related to human rights and relevant international frameworks;
- Strong dedication to the promotion and realization of human rights in Armenia;
- Experience of working with civil society groups, state institutions and international organizations;
- Experience in undertaking research projects;
- Willingness and capacity to learn new skills and approaches;
- Self-motivation with an ability to set and meet goals;
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV and letter of motivation to: email@example.com
indicating the position title ("Program Coordinator") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.