International Republican Institute is looking for a Program Officer (PO). The incumbent will be tasked with conducting governance related capacity building activities in the National Assembly of Armenia. The PO is a member of the program team composed of the Senior Program Manager (SPM), Program Officer (Executive Branch), Program Associate and M&E Specialist. The PO will assist the Resident Program Director (RPD) and the SPM in the implementation and reporting of all project activities, provide relevant analysis of governance reform and engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Working closely with the SPM, coordinate and implement the Parliament Program, including the preparation of training seminars, workshops, conferences and other events;
- Assist the RPD and SPM in the management of specific project activities;
- Contribute to programmatic reports, and other documents as assigned by RPD;
- Monitor, analyze and report on political and related developments to provide country analysis and information;
- Liaise with political parties, parliamentary committees, elected officials, donors and civil society organizations regarding project activities and programs;
- Provide substantial content and data on project activities to M&E Specialist;
- Maintain an understanding of funder and IRI policies and procedures related to grant and comply with those policies;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by RPD.
- Master's degree in Political Science, Public Policy, International Development, Law or another relevant field;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages;
- At least 5 years of experience in implementing development related projects, preferably in the field of democratic governance.
Interested parties are requested to send a cover letter, IRI application form and CV to: email@example.com
indicating the position title ("Program Officer - Parliament") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Commensurate with experience
IRI Application.doc - IRI Application Form
Established in April 1983, IRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide by helping political parties to become more issue-based and responsive, assisting citizens to participate in government planning, and working to increase the role of marginalized groups in the political process, including women and youth.