From 2021-2027 Austria is implementing a new bilateral Framework Strategy (FS) with Armenia. Aligned with the EU programming period under the new multiannual financial framework 2021-2027, the new FS supports projects and programmes in the following two focus areas:
a) Sustainable rural development and improved livelihood opportunities;
b) Inclusive local development and effective institutions.
For successfully implementing the new FS and its objectives under Focus Area 2, the Austrian Development Agency is looking for a National Programme Manager for Local Development (m/f, locally contracted) to be based at the office of Technical Cooperation of the Austrian Embassy in Yerevan.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Office, the incumbent will be mainly responsible for support of implementation of the objectives of the Focus Area 2 “Inclusive local development and effective institutions” under the bilateral ADC Framework Strategy 2021-2027 for Armenia.
- Oversee implementation of the programmes and projects supported and/ or implemented by the ADC in Armenia in the sector of Local Development:
a) Support programme and project development utilizing Austrian, EU and other funding instruments;
b) Monitor and oversee the status of implementation of ongoing programmes/projects within ADC's portfolio and within the sector of responsibility;
c) Depending on the annual budget available and in close coordination with the ADA HQ, develop a “ready to finance” project pipeline aiming to support and/ or implement new projects;
d) Support the processes of evaluation of ADC-funded programmes and projects;
e) Report about ongoing programmes and projects and support senior management decisions related to sector development and programme activities;
f) Prepare Terms of Reference and contracts for services related to technical assistance;
g) Keep track on the developments in the sector through close cooperation with partners;
- Support ADA's PR unit to ensure the visibility of project activities. Liaise and coordinate with relevant ministries and other state/ municipal authorities and institutions, NGOs, donors and other stakeholders;
- Support ADC policy dialogue in the sector;
- Liaise and coordinate with the HQ country programme manager and the other relevant staff at ADA as well as other relevant Austrian institutions;
- Perform other relevant duties as may be required by the supervisor.
- University degree in Public Administration, Law, Gender Studies, Economics, Governance (local and regional) or other closely related fields, or equivalent work experience;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the local governance, local economic development, or a related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO or private sector/ consulting firm;
- Very good knowledge of project management principles and ability to apply them in practice;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Armenian regional development policies and context;
- Good understanding of rural and local development, local governance/public services provision and gender equality combined with the practical skills;
- Understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards is highly desirable;
- Experience with EU or other donor funded assistance (e.g. EU Delegated Cooperation) is an asset;
- Fluency in oral and written Armenian and English languages and ability to effectively communicate; good working knowledge of German language would be a strong asset;
- Full proficiency and literacy in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web-based applications;
- Availability of a valid driving license (category B) and demonstrated safe driving skills would be an asset;
- Adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders and media; practical experience with conducting Social Media content is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal/ social skills; flexibility to adjust working hours to actual workload, as required;
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated gender and diversity competence and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into daily tasks and activities.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by submitting the written application including a cover letter and CV in English language by the deadline to: email@example.com
. Please clearly indicate in the subject line "Programme Manager".
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for our recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Please refrain from phone calls. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Armenia is a priority country of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) with the Austrian Development Agency GmbH (ADA) as its operational arm acting as a hub for the overall bilateral cooperation in Armenia. In Armenia ADC supports development programmes and projects targeting poverty reduction, inclusive economic development and better governance, especially in the rural areas. Its work is guided by the EU’s Eastern Partnership priorities and the framework of the EU-Armenia Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement (CEPA) as well as Austria’s commitment to collaborate with relevant international organisations. Within the EU-framework ADC supports the country’s further integration into the regional and global economies and closer cooperation with the EU. Further background information and documents regarding ADC’s engagement in Armenia are available on the organization's homepage: www.entwicklung.at