Premiere Urgence Internationale is looking for a Project Assistant. The incumbent will support the MHPSS project team in implementation of the project activities. Specifically, the Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting implementation, facilitating and reporting on project-related activities as well as coordination with external stakeholders. The Project Assistant reports directly to the MHPSS Coordinator.
- Assist with the organizational aspects of the project implementation;
- Help in building relationships with the representatives of local government, community leaders, local NGOs and other stakeholders, in order to collect information related to the existing needs of the communities;
- Whenever required, provide support to the project and coordination team;
- Provide translation for various project events and activities as well as written translation of documents.
Specific Goals and Related Activities:
a) Assist with the organizational aspects of the project:
- Communicate with PUI partners on project-related issues and assist with the monitoring of the project;
- Follow up with partners on project reports;
- Draft, translate and review reports and documents;
- Share relevant documentation with partners;
- Report shortfalls and bottlenecks in the implementation of the project activities, that require immediate action.
b) Help in building relationships with the community leaders and local NGOs and other stakeholder, in order to collect information related to the existing needs of the communities:
- Support in assessing general needs and areas for potential assessments/ interventions;
- Prepare and maintain a list of local organizations, associations, foundations, initiatives;
- Arrange external meetings;
- Keep meeting minutes .
c) Provide support to the MHPSS project team:
- Assist in maintaining project-related documentation;
- Attend relevant external meetings;
- Assist in drafting external communication and visibility materials, when required.
d) Provide translation for various project events and activities:
- Translate a variety of documents including technical, research, training materials;
- Translate from English to Armenian and from Armenian to English during capacity building for partners;
- Translate from Armenian to English during technical supervisions;
- Translate from Armenian to English during project activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Social Sciences, Languages or Administration/ Office Organization or any other relevant field;
- Project management experience;
- Experience working with INGO;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Organizational skills;
- Knowledge of English and Armenian languages; knowledge of any other language will be considered as an asset (Arabic, Russian, French).
- Project management experience for a non-profit organization;
- Activity/ field/ project officer experience;
- Experience in coordination with community leaders, local associations;
- Experience in organizing events.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CV along with the motivation letter in English language to: email@example.com
, mentioning the position title ("Project Assistant") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the test and the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Do be defined
PUI is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PUI teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. PUI aims to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. PUI relies on 30 years of field experience in 50 countries in crisis, as well as on the complementarity of its medical and non-medical expertise, to adapt its programs to each context and to the real needs of the most vulnerable populations.
The association leads in average 200 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 6 million people in 22 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus, Europe and Latin America.