WWF-Armenia is looking for a Project Coordinator for the new project which aims at improving incomes of farmers and rural SMEs in remote areas thanks to a better economic and more sustainable use of local natural resources. As an effort to link economic growth and the protection of natural resources and biodiversity, it also contributes to design socially sensitive environment and climate-related policies.
- Contribute to the development, review and update of the project action plan, procurement plan and other project related documents;
- Implement the action plan related to the project in charge;
- Prepare, regularly reviews and update the detailed time, cost and financing schedules for the project;
- Monitor, review and update the annual budget together with country director and financial manager;
- Coordinate the implementation of project measures and activities as defined in the action/ operational plan based on the project budget;
- Monitor progress against activity work plan to ensure that the project attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible;
- Support overall strategic engagement and partnership building with relevant international and national stakeholders;
- Provide support in policy advocacy, fundraising and proposal development when required;
- Represent and promote the project in meetings, workshops, conferences, and symposium to present project activities and achievements, organize training courses, workshops and seminars, within the frames of the project;
- Maintain regular contact with partners to keep them aware of WWF's activities and to seek feedback from them for continuous improvement;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of interested groups both inside and outside WWF, who can assist in the project activities including but not limited with governmental institutions, community, donors, NGO and other stakeholders, in order to discuss issues related to the project, raise awareness among locals and ensure their involvement;
- Provide inputs to communications products/ campaigns to ensure accurate information will be published to promote the image of the Organization and project activities;
- Promote and set up mechanism for information sharing with all stakeholders;
- Monitor the timely implementation and financial management of sub-contracts;
- Monitor project activities conducted by selected service providers and partners;
- Frequently travel to existing project areas, conduct field monitoring research;
- Review and provide technical comments to technical studies; coordinate the provision of technical advice to local authorities, community groups and other implementing partners;
- Lead the process of procurements, authorize repayments and confirm acceptance certificates for delivery of goods and services; ensure that the deliverables of international and national consultants, other services and goods and works procured by the project are of the required standard and are delivered on time and within a budget;
- Provide all technical reports, presentation, maps, data and information, pictures produced by the project for CPM;
- Coordinate work of consultants;
- Be involved in the recruitment and selection of staff under supervision;
- Ensure that project staff and consultants perform to an acceptable standard; identify gaps in knowledge and experience and arrange appropriate training; ensure that they act in accordance with highest professional and ethical standards;
- Update Country Director on performance of staff under technical supervision;
- Develop TORs for short-term and long-term consultants and monitor the work of the consultants to ensure the deliverables as TORs;
- Responsible for ensuring excellent team dynamics, motivation, professional development and managing other employment-related issues;
- Supervise compiling all project related documentation and communication material and provide brief;
- Maintain a project monitoring and evaluation system and provide support to the evaluation of the project;
- Be accountable for the submission of project technical and financial progress report.
- University degree (MS) in Business Management, Agricultural or/ and Environmental/ Conservation Management or other related fields;
- Proven track record in successfully developing, leading, and managing large-scale projects and/ or institutions in the field of conservation, natural resource management, international development, and/ or other related fields;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in managing projects;
- Demonstrated experience in liaising and co-operating with government, local administrations, donors, NGOs and private sector;
- Experience of senior level negotiations;
- Fluency in Armenian, Russian and English languages;
- Advanced computer user.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomatic skills;
- Ability to relate convincingly and credibly with diverse audiences including senior executives;
- Strong organizational skills with an aptitude to get things done;
- Ability to conceptualize and create products that link programme with business interests;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple, time critical tasks;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Adhere to WWF's values: courage, integrity, respect and collaboration.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are welcome to submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating the position title ("Project Coordinator") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.