The incumbent in the position of Project Management and Communications Specialist will serve under the general direction of the ASPIRED Project Chief of Party. As part of this Statement of Work, Project activities will be implemented to provide all required assistance to the ASPIRED project regarding the aspects of project management, monitoring, evaluation, stakeholder coordination and communications. The incumbent is requested to provide the following services: conduct final evaluations of the completed pilot projects, organize public outreach events according to the Project's annual work plan, monitor and evaluate activities of the Project's components against the targets in Performance Management Plan (PMP).
- Coordinate activities related to maintenance of the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system required under the framework of the Project;
- Coordinate quality assurance and quality control (QA&QC) activities required under the framework of the Project;
- Provide oversight on implementation of the program M&E/ QA&QC plans, as well as PMP;
- Act as a technical resource on all M&E, QA&QC issues;
- Coordinate activities of Water Resource Stakeholders particularly related to the Ararat Valley water conservation issues based on the operations schedule of the ASPIRED Project's annual work plan for the months of June-July, August and September;
- Implement the communication tasks outlined in the workplan and related to website management, brochures, fact sheets, public outreach events planned for the months of June, July August and September;
- Prepare drafts of the project weekly highlights, progress reports for the months of July and August and for the Project 3rd quarter;
- As part of his/ her activities, the Project Management and Communications Specialist shall be required to travel frequently within Armenia;
- Perform other tasks related to this assignment.
- Bachelor's degree in International Development, Statistics, or another relevant field;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in development of the project monitoring and evaluation system, including the design and management of evaluations;
- At least 5 years of experience in the Armenian community development
projects and/ or international organizations, preferably in environmental, water and/ or energy sectors. Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is considered an asset;
- Solid understanding of Project Monitoring and Evaluation principles, tools and procedures adhered by USAID;
- Should have received formal training in monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent social and communication skills, organizational skills and ability to handle several requests in a proper and timely manner;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Armenian languages; knowledge of Russian language would be an advantage;
- Ability to travel to regions mostly in Ararat Valley;
- Demonstrable proficiency in software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; SPSS skills would be an advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com
specifying the position title ("Project Management and Communications Specialist") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please refrain from phone calls.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The Advanced Science and Partnerships for Integrated Resource Development (ASPIRED) Project funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) is a 5-year initiative (2015-2020) designed to support sustainable management of water resources in the Ararat Valley through the use of science, innovation and partnerships. The Project is implemented by the Armenian Branch of ME&A. Within the framework of the Project, the ASPIRED supports the Government of Armenia (GOA) in improving water sector legislation. Under this task, the Project will collaborate with the Ministry of Nature Protection (MNP) of Armenia in implementing priority measures for effective management of water resources in the Ararat Basin Management Areas of Armenia, as stipulated in the Government Decision N: 338-N, dated March 31, 2016 on approving the 2016-2021 Management Plan and Priority Measures towards effective management of the Ararat Basin Management Area. Detailed information on the ASPIRED Project activities can be obtained at http://www.aspired.wadi-mea.com