The UNDP-GCF Project "Building Armenia’s National Transparency Framework under Paris Agreement" will be implemented following the national implementation modality by support of UNDP and in close cooperation with the Ministry of Environment, which acts as an Implementing Partner of this Project. The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall implementation of project activities and will operate under the direct supervision of the Climate, Environment, Resilience Programme (CER) Analyst/Team Leader and UNDP Climate Change Programme Coordinator. The Project Manager has the authority to run the project technical and operational activities on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the Implementing Partner in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations, to the required standard of quality within the constraints laid down by the Project PSC. The Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the Project produces the results specified in the project document, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The development and consolidation of work plans, preparation of quarterly/ annual progress reports to the Project Steering Committee, Implementing Partner, UNDP, as well as supervision the work of the project thematic experts, and information delivery are major responsibility of the Project Manager. The Project Manager will inform the PSC and the Project Assurance roles of any delays or difficulties as they arise during implementation so that appropriate support and corrective measures can be adopted.
- Manage the overall conduct of the Project;
- Plan the activities of the Project and monitor progress against the approved workplan;
- Execute activities by managing personnel, goods and services, training and low-value grants, including drafting terms of reference and work specifications, and overseeing all contractors’ work;
- Monitor events as determined in the project monitoring plan and update the plan as required;
- Provide support for completion of assessments required by UNDP, spot checks and audits;
- Manage requests for the provision of UNDP financial resources through funding advances, direct payments or reimbursement using the FACE form;
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Monitor progress watch for plan deviations and make course corrections when needed within PSC-agreed tolerances to achieve results;
- Ensure that changes are controlled, and problems addressed;
- Perform regular progress reporting to the PSC as agreed with the PSC, including measures to address challenges and opportunities;
- Prepare and submit financial reports to UNDP on a quarterly basis;
- Manage and monitor the project risks, including social and environmental risks, initially identified and submit new risks to the PSC for consideration and decision on possible actions if required; update the status of these risks by maintaining the project risks log;
- Capture lessons learned during project implementation;
- Prepare revisions to the multi-year workplan, as needed, as well as annual and quarterly plans if required;
- Prepare the inception report no later than one month after the inception workshop;
- Ensure that the indicators included in the project results framework are monitored annually in advance of the GEF PIR submission deadline so that progress can be reported in the GEF PIR;
- Prepare the GEF PIR;
- Assess major and minor amendments to the Project within the parameters set by UNDP-GEF;
- Monitor implementation plans including the gender action plan, stakeholder engagement plan, and any environmental and social management plans;
- Monitor and track progress against the GEF Core indicators;
- Support the Terminal Evaluation process.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Master’s degree in Natural or Applied Sciences, Economics, Business Administration, or a related discipline;
- Experience: At least 5 years of related professional experience at national level, of which 3 with international organizations in the filed of programme/ project management; proven experience in working with ministries, national or local administrative bodies that are concerned with environmental management and national statistics;
proven experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of developent projects; proven experience in developent of analytical documents, research work, project proposals/ concept notes;
- Languages: Fluency in Armenian and English langauges; knowledge of Russian language is an asset;
- Computer skills: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages; experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Ability to deliver and reach the planned project targets;
- Creativity, flexibility and an innovative approach to problem-solving;
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Strong managerial skills, proven ability to work under pressure and handle multiple activities and tasks concurrently.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and energy for development projects;
- Willingness to promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Ability to display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to treat all people fairly without favoritism.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Ability to promote a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office;
- In-depth knowledge on development issues;
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice;
- Ability to actively work towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, act on learning plan and apply newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources;
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems, and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
Management and Leadership
- Ability to focuse on impact and result for the client and respond positively to feedback;
- Ability to lead teams effectively and show conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
All interested and qualified candidates may apply through the UNDP E-recruitment system via the following link: https://tinyurl.com/UNDP-ProjectManager
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am. Thanks.
Contract Type: Service Contract
Please note that all posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. It may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.