Full-time (100% workload)
People in Need Czech NGO Representative Office in Armenia is recruiting a Project Manager for "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures in the Historic Trails in Syunik" Project. The Project Manager will be responsible for overall project and financial management and will provide support to the team through coordination of project implementation and liaison with donors, partners and stakeholders. He/ she will be directly responsible for all components of project management. The Project Manager will work in close coordination with People in Need Armenia Head of Programs, Country Director, Finance and Compliance Manager and be the main point of contact for project partners and other project stakeholders. This position is contingent on funding. The successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving. The job requires regular travels to Syunik region.
- Lead on the implementation of all project activities in Syunik region according to best practices and following PIN capacity-building methodology;
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor field activities, provide advisory support to beneficiaries;
- Coordinate the inputs of PIN Armenia colleagues supporting the project; in particular the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer, the Media and Communication Officer and the Procurement Coordinator;
- Ensure that M&E data are collected and used in line with the project results framework and M&E plan;
- Responsible for all donor reporting and external communication of the Project;
- Track project expenditure through monthly programme review meetings using financial expenditure reports prepared by the Finance Department;
- Ensure compliance to donor policies, procedures and procurement;
- Represent PIN in fora and events taking place in Armenia related to tourism and follow trends in the sector, as well as represent PIN among sectoral stakeholders and donors;
- Identify opportunities of additional funding or partnerships to maximize the impact and scope of the Project in Armenia;
- Ensure that the project identifies and retains learning, and that all information is properly documented;
- Support in new project proposal writing processes;
- Perform other job-related duties assigned by the supervisor.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, preferably in the field of tourism or EU funded projects;
- Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Strong critical and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and approach;
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to prepare written documents/ communications in a concise style;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Strong sense of integrity and willingness to pass the knowledge to others;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages, both spoken and written;
- Ability to frequently travel to Syunik region.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (in English language only);
- CV (in English language only);
- Contacts of three references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant).
The above mentioned should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading "Project Manager". Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for more details and the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
"EU4Tourism: Outdoor adventures on the historic trails in Syunik" is a community development project implemented in Goris and Kapan areas with the goal of developing touristic infrastructure to bolster the development of the local economy in the impoverished region. The project is funded by the European Union and implemented by the international NGO People in Need (PIN) in partnership with ARK Ecological NGO.
The project aims to:
- Develop and promote alternative eco-friendly tourism in Syunik region;
- Enable rural communities to benefit sustainably from tourism;
- Revive local traditions and legends;
- Empower civil society and promote cooperation between civil society organizations and local authorities.