The Project Officer will be responsible for coordination and oversight of UNHCR “Refugee Protection and Integration” project Reception Conditions improvement component. Project Officer will work closely with ARCS and UNHCR relevant staff and partner organizations to ensure productive collaboration and successful implementation of the project component.
- Under supervision of Project Manager, organize and oversee implementation of:
a) borders monitoring;
b) reception conditions improvement;
c) border authorities’ capacity development activities;
- Cooperate with RA Migration Service and UNHCR representatives in support of asylum seekers and newly recognized refugees;
- Consult asylum seekers and refugees on their rights and asylum procedures;
- Plan and conduct monthly monitoring visits to the Reception Centre for asylum seekers, prepare monthly reports;
- Based on raised issues and upon request from UNHCR, organize Reception Center Working Group meetings, suggest solutions;
- Support Armenian language classes organization at Reception Center;
- Organize information sessions for asylum seekers at Reception Center and out of it;
- Organize coordination meetings with ARCS branches;
- Conduct joint monitoring visits to RA borders, visit Zvartnots airport on monthly basis;
- Organize trainings for RA NSS Border Guard Troops and RA Passport and Visa department representatives in close cooperation with UNHCR representatives and NSS relevant staff;
- Closely collaborate with relevant state and non-state organizations to ensure smooth and accurate implementation of project activities;
- Provide one-to-one counselling with each resident of the Reception Center complete/ update individual fact sheets;
- Coordinate development and printing of relevant information materials and awareness raising leaflets;
- Actively contribute to the organization of Participatory assessment exercise conducted by UNHCR;
- Perform other program-related tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Higher education in the field of Political studies, Law and/ or other related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in project coordination, particularly in international organizations;
- Experience in migration field is a plus;
- Knowledge of the Law of RA on Refugees and Asylum is a plus;
- Experience in community-based projects and work with national and regional authorities is a plus;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated coordination skills;
- Effective negotiation and advocacy skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; capability of working both individually and as part of a team;
- Flexible personality, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel) and data processing;
- Excellent writing and advanced presentation skills in English and Armenian languages; ability to develop content, rich quality periodic reports to donors.
To apply, candidates are asked to email their CV along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with "Project Officer" in the subject line of the message.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.