Questrade International is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join its team. As a QA Engineer at Questrade he/ she will be a significant contributor to the growth of the product and will help the team to deliver high-quality code. The incumbent will be a part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. He/ she will have the opportunity to produce test solutions and scenarios and automate them, build and improve high-load scalable solutions, the internal and external frameworks, and organize development life-cycle aligned with the distributed teams. QA Engineer will provide expertise in the area of Automated and Manual QA activities for applications developed by the Questrade Technology Group (QTG), with particular focus on the trading platform, desktop client applications and high volume data flow and transactions.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering and business partners to deliver the best possible technical solutions;
- Advocate for maintaining a high quality bar while stay current with the latest test automation best practices and trends;
- Work collaboratively with development teams to test technical solutions to ensure quality, security and sustainability;
- Create test scenarios and automated regression tests for desktop applications;
- Create test scenarios and automated regression tests for testing micro services and APIs;
- Create test automation utility libraries for test automation framework;
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities;
- Review tools implementations and encourage best practices and sound design principles while remaining practical and deadline driven;
- Train other departments on the use of custom developed tools;
- Work closely with Development to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds;
- Manage defect tracking; monitor and report results;
- Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any Engineering discipline;
- At least 3 years of experience in QA roles with manual and automated testing in an Agile or Scrum environment;
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, methodologies and testing knowledge;
- Knowledge of quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools;
- Working experience in Agile team is an asset;
- Expert ability to apply quality assurance knowledge to in-depth testing and test plans;
- Ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources;
- Understanding of automation testing methodologies;
- Vast experience in making up test-plans and test scenarios;
- Advanced knowledge of functional testing;
- Hands-on experience in automated testing, he/ she can write automated tests, have knowledge of basic programming classes, methods and patterns;
- Hands-on experience in testing client-server applications, preferably experience with Froglogic Squish;
- Experience in testing REST API's and automating these tests, preferably with Postman;
- Working experience with SQL databases;
- Working experience in Unix environments; Bash scripting knowledge is a plus;
- Knowledge of non-functional testing is a plus;
- Knowledge of Python Unittest or similar xUnit frameworks is a plus;
- Working experience with micro-services is a big plus;
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies is a plus;
- Working experience with cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, Azure, etc. is a big plus;
- Ability to be attentive to details and value the team work;
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly with any testing tool;
- Good communication skills in English language (verbal and written).
Interested candidates are welcome to send their resume/ CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
mentioning the position title ("Quality Assurance Engineer") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.