Teach For Armenia (TFA) is building a movement of leaders who will reshape what it means to provide an excellent education for all children across the nation. TFA aims to cultivate students who can harness their voices and shape a changing world while being committed to their communities. This will require support at every level of leadership, from its teachers in the classroom to the highest-ranking officials. Teach For Armenia aims to accomplish this vision by recruiting promising leaders, both in Armenia and from across the diaspora, to teach for a 2-year commitment in schools where their knowledge and skills are needed. In the long-run, TFA is cultivating a network of changemakers, inclusive of its students, their communities, its Alumni, government officials, community partners, supporters, and affiliates from across Teach For All.
The Role: Recruitment Specialists are part of a larger Recruitment Department aimed at promoting Teach For Armenia Leadership Development Program and engaging the brightest and strongest individuals to the program. The duties of the Recruitment Specialist are personal cultivation, headhunting, event organizing, etc.
The Team: The Recruitment Team is a part of the larger "Talent Initiatives" division, which includes Human Resources as well as Selection. The Head of Recruitment reports to the Managing Director for Talent Initiatives, along with the Head of HR and the Head of Selection. The Head of Recruitment manages the Young Professionals Recruitment Manager, Graduate Recruitment Manager, and Diaspora Recruitment Coordinator. The Recruitment Specialist will report directly to Graduate Recruitment Manager OR Young Professionals Recruitment Manager. The Young Professionals' Recruitment team is responsible for sourcing professionals from various working sectors, presenting Teach For Armenia's Leadership Development Program to the sourced potential candidates, thus involving them in the program, whereas the Graduate Recruitment team is responsible for involving graduate students in Teach For Armenia's Leadership Development Program through continuous work with higher education institutions. This team is particularly involved in presenting Teach For Armenia core program to respective faculties in different universities of the Republic of Armenia and Artsakh.
The main duty of The Recruitment team is to ensure a strong cohort for the Leadership Development Program.
About You: Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. TFA team must be culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership they are striving to cultivate in their classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify its Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when they themselves falter.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Market Research (10%)
- Conduct ongoing market research in order to identify the target audience;
University Partnerships (30%)
- Build and maintain contacts with universities and other relevant organizations for potential target markets;
- Build a strong brand on campus for Teach For Armenia – expertly and knowledgeably promoting the Teach For Armenia Leadership Development Program to students, finalists, postgraduates and recent graduates from assigned universities;
- Identify key talent at assigned universities and influence good quality candidates to engage with Teach For Armenia vision;
- Establish, foster and maintain added value relationships with important networks at assigned universities including STEM and cultural societies on campus through clear communication plans which engage key stakeholders with Teach For Armenia’s vision.
Public Presentations (15%)
- Deliver presentations about the Teach For Armenia Leadership Development Program and executing recruitment events across Armenia (Yerevan, Regions, Artsakh);
Outbound Sourcing (20%)
- Outbound connects in Linkedin and other channels with the high potential candidates;
Contact management (25%)
- Maintain candidate contact through the recruitment process in line with the strategy of the Talent Initiatives department;
- Cultivate potential talent and incoming participants through events, regular telephone calls, and meetings;
Note: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Communications: Excellent persuasive communication, compelling presentation skills and the ability to articulate the vision passionately; as well as establishing effective working relationships with people of all working styles, backgrounds, industry-experience, etc.;
- Organizational skills: Ability to assess, prioritize and manage a varied workload;
- Initiator: Self-starter with initiative, confidence, drive, and flexibility to deal with unexpected situations or last-minute changes in a dynamic organization;
- Team player: A good team player who is willing to take the lead on projects and also has the ability to work under their own initiative to meet deadlines;
- Digital literacy: including but not limited to office software, Google products, Professional social media, etc.
Aside from these core competencies, Teach For Armenia is also looking for the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in the relevant field;
- Excellent knowledge of the Armenian language; good understanding of the English language; knowledge of the Russian language is a plus;
- Interest in the domain of education;
- Recruitment research skills;
- Knowledge of candidate sourcing techniques is a plus;
- Cold calling skills;
- Great social, influencing and public speaking skills;
- Self-awareness and self-improvement drive;
- Critical, creative and solution-oriented thinking;
- Fast learning ability;
- Ability to work with databases and analyze data.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by submitting their résumé and cover letter online: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=105
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to TFA mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian, please provide an English translation.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
TFA Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of its students and their communities. As such TFA is an organization that is committed to equity and it strives to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Health Insurance;
- Mental health counseling services;
- Working remotely opportunity;
- Professional development opportunity;
- Scholarship for graduate studies;
- Gym membership financial support;
- Additional paid days off;
- Referral bonus;
- Team retreats, events & teambuildings;
- Business trips;
- Birthdays and anniversaries celebrations;
- Child care fund;
- Paternity leave.