Material Exchange AM is looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release. The responsibilities include gathering system and user requirements, building modules and testing features before release. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience developing software with agile methodologies and is ready to lead the Company's junior developers. Ultimately, the incumbent will deploy and maintain functional, secure and high-quality applications.
- Perform coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, testing, code reviewing and other related activities in accordance with company coding conventions, approved designs and project standards;
- Follow the existing company, team and project processes and procedures and suggest how to improve them;
- Work with the project manager and quality assurance representative to estimate issue resolution or package implementation efforts;
- Write technical design specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations;
- Perform unit and integration testing of an application and identify, troubleshoot and solve application code related issues.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields;
- At least 4 years of work experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language;
- Experience in using RDBS: MySQL, Oracle, Postgres;
- Experience with testing using JUnit and Mockito or similar tools;
- Experience in working with RESTful services;
- Knowledge of Maven;
- Effective use of the Git source control system, including branching, merging and pull requests;
- Experience with microservice architecture;
- Deep usage of Container Concepts (e.g. Docker tool);
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins) will be considered as a plus;
- Experience with Cloud environments will be considered as a plus;
- Experience with Scrum methodology;
- Readiness to share his/ her knowledge with less experienced colleagues, but also to learn new concepts and software technologies as needs arise;
- Enthusiasm about clean code, enjoy pair-programming, TDD, and code reviews;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written;
- Good knowledge of English language, both written and spoken;
- Ability to review and estimate user stories in an agile process.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply online via www.careercenter.am
or send their CV to: email@example.com
indicating the position title ("Senior Backend Engineer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The Company supports its employees with competitive compensation, as well as flexible working hours and remote working capabilities. ME embraces diversity and inclusion, respects and values differences, and appreciates diverse life experiences. ME knows when people from different backgrounds and points of view work together, they can create significant change and value for the customers, partners, employees and for the planet.