The Senior Expert on Energy/ Energy Efficiency will work under the overall guidance of the UNDP Armenia Sustainable Growth and Resilience Portfolio Analyst, UNDP Climate Change Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of respective Project Manager and Task Leader. More specifically the incumbent will perform the tasks listed below.
- Lead and contribute to the development of Terms of References (ToRs) for companies and individuals to be hired for undertaking energy audits, energy upgrades, renewable energy systems' application, in accordance with national legislation and with objective to ensure improved energy performance;
- Lead and ensure quality and timely implementation of energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energy (RE) related activities in the frames of the project, including energy audits, renewable energy measures, engineering equipment installations, engineering design documentation, etc.;
- Support the project team in and contribute to conducting the feasibility studies of the projects selected buildings with objective of evaluation of GHG mitigation potential;
- Lead and contribute to the project team in developing/ harmonizing the normative and regulatory documents as requested by Governmental stakeholders;
- Provide engineering guidance throughout Energy Audits for: Assessment and selection of most cost effective and technically feasible options based on best international practice, including the application of the renewable energy sources and energy efficiency measures; and Development of the audit reports, including technical recommendations, financial estimates (IRR, NPV, BCR, PB, etc.), preparation of buildings' energy passports and energy efficiency labels/ certificates;
- Lead the UNDP-GCF Project's component on establishment and development of MRV system;
- Lead and contribute to the establishment of the Municipal Energy Management System (MENMS). This will ensure conducting monitoring of energy consumption in public buildings, storing all the data collected in the Energy Management Information System (EMIS), developing list of buildings for prioritized selection for energy efficient retrofits, resulting assessment of achieved energy savings and GHG emissions reductions;
- Conduct on site meetings and presentations, deliver training sessions as may be required under the awareness raising component;
- As a member of Project Team contribute to development of technical standards, the periodic and analytical reports, including direct and indirect impact of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures on the GHG emissions reduction;
- Lead the works on GHG emissions assessment in Energy Sector and ensure quality control and quality assurance of Energy sector GHG emissions assessment;
- Lead works on data collections and analyses of mitigation measures implemented/ envisaged in Energy Sector;
- Lead the works on development, assessment and analysis of mitigation scenarios in Energy Sector considering the most recently adopted strategic papers and policies using LEAP software;
- Contribute to developing analytical reports on Energy Sector GHG emissions assessment, mitigation measures impact assessment and contains gaps and needs required to improve related to Energy Sector GHG emissions assessment and mitigation measures impact assessment;
- Participate in the workshops and seminars aimed at dissemination of project outputs;
- Participate in development of reports summarizing and analyzing technical and financial results of the applied measures, provide appropriate recommendations for relevant components planning and implementation;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Note: For each single specific call-offs, the respective detailed ToR with specified outputs and applicable number of working days will follow in line with the main scope of works of this assignment.
Payment Mode: Daily fee-based payable modality will be applied for this assignment upon submission of deliverables and acceptance/ approval by UNDP for each identified task (reflected in the agreed and signed TOR) and based on cumulative number of days factually spent. Local travel related expenses will be provided separately, based on request and approved travel authorization as per UNDP established rules and procedures.
- Awareness of local and international best practice in the field of mitigation policies, technologies and funding, including assessment technics energy audit, GHG emissions tracking and GHG Inventory;
- Proficiency in IPCC Cross-Cutting Issues and Energy Sector;
- Knowledge of energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energy (RE) technical applications, principles and practices in building systems and materials;
- Good analytical, drafting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Timely delivery of good-quality products;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability of cooperation with stakeholders: government and municipality specialists, scientific institutions, design and construction companies, suppliers and private sector;
- Good knowledge of the main objectives of UNFCCC and country legal framework on EE and RE systems;
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability with a proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Good knowledge of computer software (MS Office; Onset and Testo measuring equipment's software; calculation tools for energy efficiency in buildings; Web).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in the field of energy and/ or engineering; scientific degree or Certificate of Proficiency in GHG Management is an asset;
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience in energy sector;
- At least 7 years of hands-on experience in conducting energy audit and energy performance monitoring;
- At least 5 years of practical leadership experience in energy (natural gas, heating, energy efficiency) sector and skills of supervisory work;
- Experience in development of the regulatory, methodological documents and guidance;
- Experience in working and collaborating with government counterparts is an asset;
- Experience/ familiarity with gender equality framework and/ or gender related other areas is a strong asset;
- Working experience with international organizations is an asset;
- Languages: proficiency in Armenian, English and Russian languages.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=90188
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The Sustainable Growth and Resilience Portfolio Climate Change Programme projects have common overarching goal to support greenhouse gas emissions mitigation. The mentioned objective can be achieved through improved regulatory framework and defining the proper responsibilities for enforcement mechanisms; demonstration of advantages of the energy efficiency measures through partnership with municipalities and buildings management bodies; introduction of proper economic instruments and incentive schemes, national capacity building for testing and labelling of energy efficient appliances, as well as through broad measures aimed at increasing awareness on benefits of energy efficiency.