IFES is currently recruiting for a Senior Governance Officer position for the anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded Integrity Project in Armenia. The Program is expected to reduce opportunities for corruption and reinforce public demand for improved governance and accountability in Armenia through: a) strengthening corruption prevention institutions and integrity systems; b) supporting the implementation of specific legal-regulatory measures for corruption prevention; and c) facilitating a collective action approach to hold local entities engaged in corruption prevention mutually accountable. The Senior Governance Officer will support the technical implementation of Program activities and related administrative tasks as needed. This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide technical support to Project activities within the allocated budget, and strategic development and implementation;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, donors and partners;
- Advise government institutions on anti-corruption best practices and provide comparative examples;
- Strengthen anti-corruption mechanisms and procedures within internal government stakeholders;
- Work with anti-corruption line ministry staff, state agency staff, and local governments to develop, implement, and monitor anti-corruption plans;
- Supervise staff and consultants supporting the implementation of technical Program objectives as directed by the Deputy Chief of Party or Chief of Party;
- Contribute to assessment and analysis efforts, reporting, and briefings on technical anti-corruption issues and programmatic impact;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform technical work requiring ingenuity and capacity to evaluate and respond to new and changing issues;
- Support Deputy Chief of Party in the technical implementation of Project; oversee activities and processes to support effective Project implementation;
- Manage work activities with internal and external partners to help ensure achievement of assigned Project objectives.
- Participate in Project budget planning.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationship with stakeholders within and outside IFES to ensure timely and successful achievement of Project goals and objectives;
- Develop opportunities to improve working relationships and work outcomes with internal and external partners.
- Supervise professional positions;
- Participate in planning and implementing work activities with internal and external partners and contribute to evaluation of results.
- Advanced university degree in a relevant discipline (Advanced university degree can be substituted with at least 4 years of additional relevant experience).
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on anti-corruption reform, with a preference given to experience within international development programs;
- In-depth knowledge of anti-corruption and integrity strengthening issues and solutions in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, or other countries transitioning to democracy;
- Demonstrated track record in the development of anti-corruption related policy, programs, and/ or institutions;
- Strong analytical skills and ability.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Experience with Program management and design;
- Knowledgeable and experienced with USAID grant and contract proposals, regulations, and procedures;
- Familiarity with USAID and other international donors and key Program personnel;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Armenian languages.
- In-country travel may be required up to 15% of time.
Physical Requirments/ Work Environment:
- Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply on the IFES website: https://www.ifes.org/work-us/careers
under “Local National Employee”.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.