The incumbent is expected to work in a group of experts in diabetes and related sub-specialties and be specialist in public health, health economy, primary health care, endocrinology to participate in the development of National Strategy in line with the international and national guidelines and requirements.
- Conduct desk study on best international practices in his/ her area of expertise;
- Review relevant strategies and reports, requirements and guidelines;
- Analyze the situation in Armenia in the given field, identify problems, concrete activities, policy response gaps and lessons learnt (including the outcomes of the previous NDMS);
- Prepare a strategic review paper in his/ her area of expertise;
- Participate in drafting the overall concept paper for NDMS, setting targets and identifying progress indicators;
- Participate in formulating the concept of Continuum of Care in DM management;
- Share ideas on the NDMS writing process with the peer experts;
- Participate in the NDMS formulation and compilation process based on the concept paper;
- Present the draft NDMS to the interested bodies and secure feedback;
- Liaise with the corresponding/ related government bodies and specialist;
- Participate in meetings/ discussions;
- Incorporate the feedback to finalize the NDMS;
- Report to the subproject coordinator AECP and Steering committee on the progress of the report as well as share concerns on obstacles and bottlenecks;
- Responsible for the timely and quality submission of the materials to the coordinator.
- Advanced university degree in related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in related field/ specialty;
- Work experience with international organizations related to research and analysis in a given field;
- Thorough knowledge of healthcare situation and health management systems in the country in the related field;
- Experience in working on a national strategy program in coordination with MOH and other Government bodies can be considered an asset;
- Proven and excellent professional track record, coupled with high-level communication ability;
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
- Proficiency in the usage of PC including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of English, Armenian and Russian languages.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CV and cover letter to the AECP office (Aygestan 5 str. house # 7) or e-mail the documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating the position title ("Short-term Expert for National Diabetes Mellitus Strategy (NDMS)") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The Armenian EyeCare Project (hereafter AECP) is a US-based charity organization founded in 1992 by Armenian-American ophthalmologist Roger Ohanesian, MD. Its mission is to eliminate preventable blindness and make eye care accessible to all people in Armenia. To this end, many highly qualified American ophthalmologists have visited Armenia to treat patients and share extensive knowledge with their Armenian colleagues. In addition, physicians have brought large quantities of medication and equipment to Armenia over the last 25 years. The AECP works in close cooperation with parties that have a stake in eye care at all levels of society and government, both in Armenia and abroad. Among these are national and regional authorities, ophthalmologic and medical institutions, international and local organizations, individuals, the Diaspora, international agencies for development and corporate partners. The AECP is implementing a number comprehensive and large-scale programs that are closely interlinked, though each has its specific goals and target audience. All programs are designed and conducted in close adherence with international standards. The Ministry of Health of Armenia is a strong supporter of the AECP's work in Armenia.