On 21 November 2019, the Government of Armenia approved a State Programme on Provision of House Purchasing Certificates for forcibly displaced persons from Azerbaijan in 1988-1992. The programme aims at addressing the housing needs of 112 (former and current) refugee households residing in temporary housing (dormitories, hotels, etc.) in 5 administrative districts of Yerevan. While the Government had approved the request of Migration Service (MS) for funding the House Purchasing Certificates, the implementation costs were not provided. Given the constraints of the available resources to the MS for implementation of the programme, some additional resources were envisaged in the draft programme that was submitted by the MS, namely staffing costs for additional staff members to assist in implementation of the programme, both to beneficiaries of the programme and the staff of the Integration Unit of the MS designated to facilitate the implementation of the mentioned program, after-service expenses and printing costs of the certificates. These expenses were not approved by the Government and removed from the final text of the Governmental Decree. Thus currently the MS does not have the aforementioned resources, which impedes the effective implementation of the programme leading to durable housing solution for the Persons of Concern to UNHCR. In order to ensure durable solution for the above-mentioned population of concern to UNHCR as well as to assist the Government in its effort, UNHCR reflecting positively to the initiative from the MS agreed to provide funding for human resources provided by one of its long-term partner for implementation Mission Armenia (MA). Within the framework of this sub-project MA with financial contribution from the UNHCR will provide personnel for the period of budget year 2021 to assist the implementation of the State Programme on Provision of House Purchasing Certificates for forcibly displaced persons from Azerbaijan in 1988-1992.
- Assist/ accompany beneficiaries of the programme (i.e. elderly, persons with specific needs) during the entire process of programme implementation, starting from finding apartments and completing the process with signing the contracts with owners of the apartments, banks and finalization of other formalities;
- Provide technical assistance to the staff of the Integration Unit of the MS in the implementation of the programme, particularly making copies of relevant documents, filing documents in personal files, compiling necessary documents, including the preparation of the application packages to be presented to the “Housing Commission” for issuing conclusions to the presented cases, keeping contacts with beneficiaries;
- Assist the Integration Unit of the MS in conducting household survey/ registration of the persons displaced from Azerbaijan living in temporary shelters for further assistance;
- Facilitate and participate in information sharing and awareness-raising campaigns on housing component of the programme. When necessary, provide further counselling to the programme beneficiaries on various programme related questions and issues (including counselling on finding apartments with the amount mentioned in the certificates provided by the State; counselling on citizenship orientation and on procedures of receiving RA citizenship);
- Pay visits to refugee residencies/ houses;
- Prepare monthly reports to the relevant stakeholders, the MS and Mission Armenia, on the work done and results achieved;
- Perform other job-related tasks assigned by the social worker/ team leader.
- University degree, preferably in Social Work or Law;
- At least 1 year of work experience in social work will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in office software applications (including MS Word, Excel);
- Good understanding of refugee situation in Armenia;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements and are confident that their background and experience qualify them for the position, are asked to send their resume to: email@example.com
mentioning the position title ("Social Worker/ Migration Service") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.