Dream Bridgeman ACD has an opening for Preschool Teacher Assistant. Dream Bridgeman ACD is seeking motivated energetic professionals that are passionate about early education to join the school as a Preschool Assistant Teacher. He/ she will work with the Lead Teacher to build plans for classes following Oxford International Curriculum. In this position, the incumbent will also assist the primary classroom teacher with activities and learning exercises and help him/ her maintain a friendly, inclusive atmosphere for all students. Depending on needs and class sizes, he/ she may take small groups of students aside for separate activities. The incumbent will also help maintain student records of behavior and progress. This job involves preparing activities for the day under the instruction of the teacher, supervising the children under their care, and ensuring the classroom stays organized. As a Teacher Assistant, he/ she will be responsible for individual students who need assistance to absorb the lesson material.
- Work with the lead teacher to monitor the class schedule;
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment;
- Help teachers with attendance, and other administrative tasks;
- Provide a welcoming, inclusive learning atmosphere for all students;
- Maintain records of student progress and needs;
- Sing, draw/ paint and be active during the playground hours;
- Organize indoor and outdoor games;
- Foster a positive and healthy learning environment;
- Encourage the social, physical, emotional, intellectual, and educational development of the children;
- Ensure the common standards of safety, hygiene in the Academy, follow kids personal hygiene;
- Provide additional supervision for students during class, lunch, recess, between classes, and on class outings or field trips;
- Give one-on-one or small group instructions;
- Attend all training classes, parent conferences, and teacher meetings.
- BA degree in Education, Child Psychology, or a related field;
- Prior experience working in Child Care;
- First Aid and CPR certification is an asset;
- International experience (either working abroad or for members of the international community) is an asset;
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills; Armenian language high level will be deemed as a privilege;
- Proven organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to maintain a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work with students with various learning needs;
- Friendly and nurturing disposition;
- Knowledge of basic childcare principles;
- Passion for early childhood education and helping children grow in positive ways;
- Artistic skills and talents are an asset.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (in English language only) and CV (in English language only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a note of ("Teacher Assistant Code 02") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.