ICARE/ EVN Wine Academy is looking for a teaching assistant for the subject of Wine Chemistry. The subject will be taught by the main lecturer and the TA will be assisting for one Wine Chemistry module with the aim of taking it over in the future as the main teacher. This module is taught once p.a. The course includes 8 theoretical lectures (2.5 hours each in the evening hours, from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM, twice a week/ 20 hours in general), 1 unit of group work presentations, and the final exam.
Course Content (Overview):
- Chemical composition of grape and wine (sugars, acids, nitrogen compounds, metals and phenolic compounds, varietal aromas of grapes and wine);
- Chemical change of grape compounds during the fermentation process;
- Biochemistry and management of alcoholic and malolactic fermentation;
- Enzymatical and chemical reactions occurring during the winemaking, aging and bottling processes in red and white winemaking.
- Master's degree in Chemistry and/ or Enology and/ or Biotechnology and/ or Food and Beverage;
- At least 4 years of practical work experience in a beverage laboratory and winemaking (cellar);
- Chemistry and winemaking skills, pedagogical skills;
- Profound chemical knowledge especially in wine and winemaking;
- English language skills;
- Pedagogical capacities.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their resume to Isabelle Rüttiger at: email@example.com
. Please mention the position title ("Teaching Assistant") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am. Thanks.
Based on experience and merit
EVN Wine Academy is a joint initiative between ICARE and Geisenheim University, Germany. It offers an 18-month English-language professional certificate program in Enology and Wine Business for prospective and practicing wine technologists and entrepreneurs as well as short courses for wine enthusiasts. Enology and Wine Business Program equips students with an understanding of winemaking from vineyards to wine bottling.
International Center for Agribusiness Research and Education (ICARE) Foundation is a non-governmental and non-commercial organization established in Yerevan, Armenia in 2005 by Texas A&M University. ICARE is an umbrella institution for the Agribusiness Teaching Center (ATC), the Research Department, and the EVN Wine Academy.