Ucom is looking for a Back Office Transmission Senior Engineer, who will ensure the operation and maintenance of the transmission network.
- Responsible for interface with technical support;
- Responsible for Operation Centre database/ parameter change requests (from Optimization);
- Responsible for new feature testing and implementation;
- Perform reporting operations;
- Define and set up resource management back-office and front office routines based on main goals and priorities defined by Operations Management;
- Co-ordinate works with other operation work areas, e.g. Front Office, Field Maintenance, Quality Coordinator including other vendors operational team;
- Define NMS system set-up and authority administration for the collection of NW surveillance alarms and dependability statistics data in co-operation with a support systems engineer;
- Responsible for authorization and specification regarding utilisation of additional and specialized (custom) tools used;
- Collect and analyze resource performance data to ensure that appropriate measures for optimization are taken to secure that resource performance meets specified availability or utilization criteria;
- Prepare and implement SW and HW configuration data changes and audits for network resources;
- Ensure that dependability performance reporting provides adequate information, i.e. root cause analysis, to enable appropriate service and/ or network resource improvements;
- Handle, analyze impact, and plan for implementation of work request from the customer (operator);
- Handle, analyze impact, and plan for implementation of a change request from equipment supplier (e.g. software updates, patches);
- Escalate problem to vendor when necessary in accordance with the timeframe within Managed Services contract, and within guideline provided by the vendor;
- Follow up on fault escalated on vendor until the closure of the case;
- Responsible for piloting second level for the Field Operation;
- Responsible for Change Request handling;
- Responsible for Work Order handling;
- Produce relevant report for Network Incidences/ Outages;
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine activities, such as system backup, health check, etc. on a regular basis.
- Degree in Electronics, ICT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an equivalent field;
- At least 2 years of experience as a Support Engineer in Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia, Cisco, HP, equipment in Transmission Network, SDH, Fiber Optical (DWDM, CWDM), IP, Microwave;
- Result-oriented personality with good skills in leading and motivating people and conscious of responsibility;
- Skills in knowledge sharing by actively contributing knowledge, experiences and skills to create a learning culture.
Candidates who meet the above mentioned requirements and are confident that their background and experience qualify them for the position, are asked to send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
mentioning the title of the position ("Back Office Transmission Senior Engineer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.