The "EU4Sevan” Project is currently looking for a Project Advisor for sustainable land-use. The main objective is to improve the capacities for implementing ecosystem-friendly and water-protecting land-use and cultivation practices in the Lake Sevan basin.
- Collect information on the current practices of land-use and agricultural production and their impact on water quality;
- Conduct a study/ assessment on the ramifications of land-use on water supply and water quality (including cost-benefit-analysis);
- Identify and implement pilot initiatives that promote the conversion of agricultural activities to water protecting cultivation practices (irrigation, pesticides, fertilization), taking into consideration Payments for Ecosystem Services (PES) schemes;
- Develop concepts for up-scaling of pilot measures for sustainable land-use and agricultural practices;
- Develop and carry out trainings for farmers, farmers associations and agricultural extension services;
- Responsible for quality assurance measures and necessary changes, improvements and initiatives related to sustainable land-use practices;
- Carry out trainings for national and local decision makers and planners on sustainable land management;
- Organize workshops for the dissemination of results from the pilot initiatives and for the promotion of up-scaling measures;
- Responsible for organization, preparation and participation in selected regional activities;
- Coordinate and assist in preparing and conducting project activities and carry out other activities required for implementing these activities;
- Participate in formulating project action plans and support for synchronisation of the planning and budgeting system and counterparts;
- Provide assistance to national and international advisers in carrying out their work in Armenia and, if required, abroad;
- Provide assistance in programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups;
- Support for identification of the needs of government institutions, NGOs, enterprises and job seekers;
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ;
- Liaise and consult with other GIZ projects for mutual learning and standards;
- Provide support in approving and controlling expenses for project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions;
- Regularly consult with the GIZ Officer responsible for the contract and cooperate on all project activities.
- Contribute to innovation and knowledge management.
Advising the Partner Institution(s)
- Assist and monitor the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts;
- Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work at the regional level;
- Deal with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s area of activity;
- Develop and organise quality assurance measures and suggest necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
Networking and Cooperation
- Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assist with PR work and cooperate with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme and its environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- Communicate local interests and efforts, forward these and encourage sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of the programme information;
- Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- Draw up reports and presentation documents;
- Prepare appropriate input for various programme reports, including annual reports, and contribute to the other reports required by the component manager and GIZ Head Office;
- Assist with research activities and studies on various issues which benefit joint programmes;
- Translate small documents.
- Assist with general project planning and develop project concepts, including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation;
- Coordinate relevant project activities at the local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both relation to implementation and organisational aspects;
- Compile the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Handle order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting).
- University degree (master or equivalent) in Agricultural Science or Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainable Agriculture or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of sustainable agriculture;
- Experience with Payments for Ecosystem Services (PES) concepts;
- Experience in providing on the job training and capacity building activities;
- Strong skills in self-motivation, self-organisation, thinking for oneself and priority-setting;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Ability to take responsibility and deliver high quality (also under pressure) ensuring reliability and confidence;
- Strong ability to manage activity and data monitoring and process it for precise and results-oriented GIZ reports in English language;
- Very good working knowledge of information and telecommunication technologies (related software, phone, fax, email and Internet) and computer applications such as MS Office and design programmes;
- Excellent presentation skills with creative approaches;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages, both written and spoken; knowledge of German language is an asset;
- Willingness to travel abroad and to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed (corresponding measures are agreed with the Team Leader);
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise and cooperate with other members of the team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de
, indicating the vacancy title ("Advisor for EU4Sevan") in the subject line. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 59 Hanrapetutyan Str., Yerevan. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Խնդրում ենք Ձեր նամակում հստակ նշել, որ այս աշխատանքի հնարավորության մասին տեղեկացել եք Կարիերայի կենտրոնի վեբ-կայքից և նշեք կայքի հղումը՝ www.careercenter.am։ Շնորհակալություն.
Position and duration subject to EU mandate.
The "South Caucasus Environmental Programme" aims to improve the management of natural resources and the conservation of ecosystem services for sustainable development in rural areas. The new EU component in Armenia focuses on the protection of Lake Sevan, the largest freshwater lake in the Caucasus, and is implemented jointly with UNDP Armenia under a Multi Partner Contribution Agreement. The project is based on the approach of integrated water resources management and creates scalable solutions at local level as well as better conditions for major infrastructure investments in the future. The government partner for the EU project in Armenia is the Ministry of Environment and subordinated bodies: http://biodivers-southcaucasus.org/