Full-time (100% workload)
Under the supervision of the REACH Assessment Officers and GIS Specialist, the REACH Field Coordinator is responsible for the timely and appropriate implementation of REACH assessments in the field, in accordance with the approach and methodology defined by REACH. The Field Coordinator is responsible for supporting carrying out data collection, coordination activities and other duties when requested and lead the enumerators’ teams in the field. He/ she will be based in the field and also conduct office work.
Confidentiality and Data Protection:
The REACH Field Coordinator will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. He/ she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data.
- Assist the Assessment and GIS Specialist in carrying out the daily working activities, with a focus on:
a) Planning, logistical preparations and assessment oversight in the field;
b) Basic reporting and contextual input on assessments;
c) Liaising and collaborating with other local and international NGO field staff;
- Manage REACH field staff to ensure a smooth and timely implementation of activities;
- Properly record all activities according to the processes defined by the REACH methodology.
In particular the REACH Field Coordinator will be in charge of the following:
- Conduct scoping missions and field visits to examine context and feasibility of data collection;
- Contribute in the planning and organization of the activities, including recruitment of enumerators, drivers, and other logistical tasks;
- Assist in the training of enumerators and field teams;
- Manage data collection and assessment by field teams (household-level surveys, focus group discussions and key informant telephone calls);
- Observe context in field in order to illustrate collected data;
- Ensure that field staff complete all the necessary documentation;
- Assist GIS Officer in collecting GPS data;
- Provide daily progress reports to the supervisor regarding progress of work;
- Write scoping reports and briefings from interviews and meetings;
- Process documents on activities (list of participants, attendance sheets, etc.);
- Maintain strong working relations with all colleagues, in REACH, ACTED and other collaborating agencies;
- Facilitate translation during Armenian-speaking meetings;
- Translate relevant documents or information during coordination visits;
- Maintain consistent and effective work habits in the field, including timeliness, frequent and clear communication with technical teams and supervisors;
- Maintain good working relations with beneficiaries and all stakeholders;
- Attend any trainings as requested by their line-manager(s);
- Be available for travel during data collection missions for up to 5 nights at a time;
- Support REACH staff in the execution of all necessary project activities, including administrative and logistical support.
- Fluency of English and Armenian languages;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- At least 2 years of experience with team management and reporting, preferably with at least 1 year in humanitarian context and/ or data collection;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and government requirements is an asset;
- Prior knowledge of the region;
- Good command of computer software, including Word and Excel;
- Good team management skills;
- Good leadership capacities, patience, and willingness to work as a team;
- Good problem-solving capacities, to meet any logistical challenges in the field;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with both the assessed population and the local authorities;
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, including travel, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently;
- Flexibility to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Ability to work independently, and willingness to learn and capacity to innovate.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (in English language);
- CV (in English language);
- Contacts of 3 references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant).
The above mentioned should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading "Field Coordinator". Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for more details and the interview.
Խնդրում ենք Ձեր նամակում հստակ նշել, որ այս աշխատանքի հնարավորության մասին տեղեկացել եք Կարիերայի կենտրոնի վեբ-կայքից և նշեք կայքի հղումը՝ www.careercenter.am։ Շնորհակալություն.
Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
IMPACT Initiatives is a leading Geneva-based think-and-do tank which aims to improve the impact of humanitarian, stabilization and development action through data, partnerships and capacity building programs. The work of IMPACT is done through its three initiatives: REACH, AGORA and PANDA. With over 400 staff members, including assessment, data analysis, GIS experts and field professionals, IMPACT teams are present in over 20 countries across the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. IMPACT is a sister organization of ACTED, a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris.