About Teach For Armenia:
Teach For Armenia is building a movement of leaders who will reshape what it means to provide an excellent education for all children across the nation. Teach For Armenia aims to cultivate students who can harness their voices and shape a changing world while being committed to their communities. This will require support at every level of leadership, from the teachers in the classroom to the highest-ranking officials. Teach For Armenia aims to accomplish this vision by recruiting promising leaders, both in Armenia and from across the diaspora, to teach for a 2-year commitment in schools where their knowledge and skills are needed. In the long-run, the organization is cultivating a network of changemakers, inclusive of their students, their communities, Alumni, government officials, community partners, supporters, and affiliates from across Teach For All.
Within a decade, Teach For Armenia has transitioned from being a small nonprofit to one of the nation’s most influential educational institutions. As the organization continues to scale, it will be critical for the organization to garner continued support from government institutions while securing the necessary resources to fuel its expansion. The Grant Writer will help Teach For Armenia meet its fundraising objectives by researching and identifying grant opportunities, drafting grant proposals from government entities, multilaterals, and public foundations and providing technical assistance to the Head of Public Partnerships and the Public Partnerships Manager, the Managing Director of External Affairs, and the CEO as they pursue new funding opportunities for public institutions. The Grant Writer’s responsibilities will also include dealing with the reporting process for funding received from public funding sources.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. The Grant Writer will be responsible for the entire grant writing process, from identifying opportunities that align with the organizational needs and preparing compelling applications, to coordinating administrative tasks and writing subsequent impact reports. The Grant Writer should be a team player with excellent written and verbal communications skills. They will establish and maintain processes that ensure the timely completion of all grants activities.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Grant Writing (70%)
- Generate high-quality proposals, narratives, applications and supporting documents for the grant opportunities that support Teach For Armenia’s core program and strategic initiatives;
- Adapt grant documents to meet requirements of different supporter needs and portals;
- Review budget proposals with the CFO or other team leaders.
- Support the Public Partnerships Manager in writing reports for funding received from public funding entities, including grants provided by multilaterals, public foundations, government agencies, etc.
Participating in Departmental and Org-Wide and Cross-Collaborative Initiatives (10%)
- Alongside other team members, participate at department and/ or org-wide events, meetings with potential donors and/ or other stakeholders, if required;
- Meet regularly with the Public Partnerships manager to discuss current and new funding needs.
Note: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing or a related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in grant writing and fundraising with a track record of success;
- Ability to manage multiple grant writing processes in an organized, timely, and efficient manner;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Native in Armenian language; fluency in English language; knowledge of Russian language is a plus.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Prepare compelling grant proposals to public foundations, multilateral organizations, government entities and corporations based on the previously identified calls for proposals;
- Write, revise, and copy-edit grant proposals and reports;
- Support the Public Partnerships Manager in preparing grant reports that document and communicate impact;
- Collaborate with the Public Partnerships manager to identify grant opportunities that support Teach for Armenia’s operations and expansion.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter through the official job posting (found on Teach For Armenia’s website: https://www.teachforarmenia.org/am/careers
). In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to the mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian, please provide an English translation.
Խնդրում ենք Ձեր նամակում հստակ նշել, որ այս աշխատանքի հնարավորության մասին տեղեկացել եք Կարիերայի կենտրոնի վեբ-կայքից և նշեք կայքի հղումը՝ www.careercenter.am։ Շնորհակալություն.