Full-time (100% workload)
With guidance and supervision from the Country Director, the Logistics and Procurement Manager will have a key role in leading the logistics and procurement processes in PIN Armenia mission both for development and humanitarian projects. The position is located in Yerevan with inconstant travels around Armenia.
- Lead the development of PIN Armenia logistics strategy and ensure its timely implementation;
- Oversee the overall operations of the logistics department, including compound management, transportation of goods, procurement and supply chain management, assets management and administration, across all field offices of PIN Armenia;
- Oversee logistics budgets, improve and contribute to planning of logistics needs for current and new projects;
- On the basis of logistics budgets, ensure effective and efficient use of funds, and provide feedback/suggestions to the Senior Management Team;
- Coordinate closely with Logistics and Procurement staff to ensure standardization of processes and procedures for logistics for PIN Armenia;
- Review the ongoing systems/procedures and suggest improvements;
- Ensure compliance in all aspects with PIN and donor rules and guidelines.
- Oversee and manage procurement of goods/services, implementing centralised procurement system, following all relevant donor and PIN’s guidelines and procedures, and considering relevant corruption risks;
- On a regular basis audit the procurement system/processes in order to identify and address gaps and challenges associated with operations in the Armenian context;
- Coordinate and support timely deliveries and distribution from and to warehouse (or any relevant location);
- Provide detailed training and mentoring to relevant staff in procurement rules and regulations;
- Ensure timely procurement of goods and services in a safe and cost-effective manner, facilitated by good planning;
- Oversee negotiations with local suppliers and contract management;
- Ensure the procurement plan is always up-to-date and encourage proper procurement planning;
- Ensure all procurement tools are updated on a monthly basis (whishing list, contract tracker, etc.).
Asset and IT management
- Ensure PIN policies are matching donor’s requirements and adjust if this is not the case;
- Ensure compliance with each donor and PIN requirements regarding asset procurement and management, be up-to-date on each donors’ guidelines;
- Ensure that IT systems function smoothly to support office needs and that IT usage policy is adhered to.
Admin (premises management/ communication)
- Ensure close coordination with PIN HQ security department to ensure the safety and security of PIN offices;
- Warehouse: ensure each warehouse is matching PIN and donors’ requirements in term of conditioning, safety and security;
- Office and guesthouse: ensure that the equipping and maintenance of expats residences and office is done in a timely manner;
- Communication: supervise and control the use of communication equipment and ensure it follows the overall PIN communication policy.
- Conduct performance management for his/ her employees;
- Supervision and capacity building of national staff employed in the logistics and procurement department across all PIN’s offices Armenia;
- Facilitate the communication within the logistics department as well as the other departments;
- Responsible for the technical support of all logistics staff;
- Ensure adherence to PIN Code of Conduct and PIN Key Policies.
- Be the technical adviser for all logistical tasks related to project implementation;
- Ensure appropriate logistics training to Project Managers and coordinate regularly to stay up-to-date on the status of each projects;
- Develop and maintain good network of contacts to facilitate emergency responses.
- At least 3 years of professional experience within a humanitarian and/or development organization;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in management of logistics and procurement departments;
- Familiarity with procurement and logistics guidelines of main institutional donors (ECHO, EU, USAID etc.);
- Experience with team management and supervision, and interest in building the capacity of national teams;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English and Armenian languages;
- Strong grasp of project cycle management and quality standards in humanitarian programming, including safeguarding and accountability mechanisms;
- Strong organizational, critical analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Innate problem-solver;
- Highly organized person with attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Strong sense of integrity and willingness to pass the knowledge to others;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and high-level computer literacy.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (in English language);
- CV (in English language);
- Contacts of three references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant).
The above mentioned should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading "Logistics and Procurement Manager". Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for more details and the interview.
Խնդրում ենք Ձեր նամակում հստակ նշել, որ այս աշխատանքի հնարավորության մասին տեղեկացել եք Կարիերայի կենտրոնի վեբ-կայքից և նշեք կայքի հղումը՝ www.careercenter.am։ Շնորհակալություն.
Will be provided to shortlisted applicants only.
Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.