Under the functional supervision of the Assessment Specialist, the Reach Assessment Officer is responsible for supporting in the planning, implementation and output production for assessments which fall under the Reach portfolio. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the development of research design and data collection tools, the conduct of data cleaning and analysis, the production of reports and factsheets and dissemination activities for Reach assessments.
Planning and Research Design:
- Conduct secondary data and literature review of English and Armenian language;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to obtain relevant secondary data;
- Assist in incorporating amendments and recommendations from stakeholders and partners into research design and methodology;
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools for surveys, key informant interviews, focus group discussions based on established research designs.
- Support the Reach assessments to ensure quality control during data collection;
- Design and support training of enumerators on data collection process and tools;
- During data collection, monitor enumerators' work through field visits.
- Conduct cleaning and analysis of primary data and secondary data;
- Liaise with the GIS\ DB officer and specialist in the production of analytical tools;
- Draft and/ or translate narrative in Armenian language and support the Assessment Specialist in validation of findings;
- Ensure adequate storage and filing of all assessment related documents;
- Perform any additional tasks as required by the Reach Dissemination;
- Present finding of assessments in Armenian language.
- University-level education in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Research or a relevant field.
- At least 1 year of progressively responsible experience in programme management, data collection and/ or report writing;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite including Excel;
- Understanding and familiarity with structures of datasets and frequency tables;
- Previous experience in managing complex professional relationships;
- Excellent reporting writing skills in English and Armenian languages;
- Prior professional experience with InDesign is preferred.
- Proactive and problem solving personality;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting priorities;
- Motivation and ability to independently grow professional capacities through self-training;
- Desire to implement lessons learned from previous work and to consider methods for improvement of project cycles.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (in English language);
- CV (in English language);
- Contacts of 3 references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant).
The above mentioned should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading "Reach Assessment Officer". Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for more details and the interview.
Խնդրում ենք Ձեր նամակում հստակ նշել, որ այս աշխատանքի հնարավորության մասին տեղեկացել եք Կարիերայի կենտրոնի վեբ-կայքից և նշեք կայքի հղումը՝ www.careercenter.am։ Շնորհակալություն.
Will be provided to the shortlisted candidates only.
Impact Initiatives is a leading Geneva-based think-and-do tank which aims to improve the impact of humanitarian, stabilization and development action through data, partnerships and capacity building programs. The work of Impact is done through its three initiatives: Reach, Agora and Panda. With over 400 staff members, including assessment, data analysis, GIS experts and field professionals, Impact teams are present in over 20 countries across the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Impact is a sister organization of Acted, a nongovernmental organization with headquarters in Paris.