Under the overall guidance of UNDP Innovation, Acceleration and SDG Finance portfolio Team Leader and direct supervision of the UNDP ImpactAim Accelerator Lead, the incumbent works to ensure that progress is made in achieving goals and objectives of the Project. The overall responsibility of the incumbent is the day-to-day coordination of Project activities, efficient delivery of outputs, implementation of tasks and deliverables at the highest level of quality and competence.
- Timely manage and coordinate Project activities, from conceptual and operational (including financial and administrative) points of view, applying proper planning, systematic coordination and implementation of Project activities;
- Supervise and support the design and implementation of Accelerator programs in all phases, from conceptualization to delivery of all outcomes, organization of all events and closure;
- Work towards safeguarding, monitoring and facilitating quality assurance of all the Project activities;
- Provide substantive technical inputs in collection, analysis and reporting of Project outcomes and impacts, including both for internal and external counterparts;
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using the results-based management tools;
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget of the Project; work towards its timely implementation with Project partners and beneficiaries; monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions as necessary;
- Contribute to the selection of international and national consultants/ companies and preparation of procurements and contracting packages in line with the work plans and UNDP rules and guidelines;
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the Project and contribute to their dissemination;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as Project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events;
- In collaboration with the IMM team ensure that Impact dimension of Accelerator programs is properly designed and implemented, impact profiles are in-place and functionable;
- In collaboration with Communications team ensure that the ImpactAIM Accelerator programs visibility is properly managed, all interested parties are well informed about the Project activities and goals; the existing social media channels are properly maintained, updated and well-articulated with necessary articles and publications; all necessary knowledge products are developed properly and shared with respective target audiences;
- Establish and maintain partnership with relevant national and international counterparts and implementing partners and provide timely response to any queries;
- Ensure effective information flow and exchange within the team;
- Coordinate the ImpactAIM alumni activities, follow-up with key results and successes, timely response to queries, further involvement of alumni in Project, etc.;
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies, analyzing and maintaining information and databases on donors and developing database of Project profiles for presentation to donors.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Development, or relevant disciplines. The relevant university degree in combination with qualifying experience in the subject area may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in project design and management/ implementation, preferably with private sector; work experience in similar assignments with international organizations will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Armenian languages (both spoken and written); knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages; experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- High level of integrity and professionalism; demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Ability to handle big volume and scope of simultaneous tasks, as well as work under the pressure and in circumstances of diverse interests;
- Demonstrated strong team spirit;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate commitment to UN and UNDP's mission, vision and values;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Share knowledge and experience;
- Actively work towards continuing personal learning, act on learning plan and apply newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems;
- Proficiency in professional writing and reporting.
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focus on result for the client and respond positively to feedback;
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remain positive and composed even under pressure;
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
All interested and qualified candidates may apply through the UNDP E-recruitment system via the following link: https://tinyurl.com/UNDP-JobOpening
Խնդրում ենք Ձեր նամակում հստակ նշել, որ այս աշխատանքի հնարավորության մասին տեղեկացել եք Կարիերայի կենտրոնի վեբ-կայքից և նշեք կայքի հղումը՝ www.careercenter.am։ Շնորհակալություն.
Contract Type: Service Contract, Grade: SB4
Important applicant information.
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. UNDP may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
UNDP ImpactAim Accelerator is designed to leverage the unique global network and expertise of UNDP in scaling the impact of for-profit ventures targeting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with innovative tech solutions. It supports innovators and startups through thematic acceleration programs that provide technology and business expertise, impact measurement and management skills, access to global professional networks, and mentorship/ funding matching. The ImpactAim Accelerator aims to increase collaboration between the government, private sector, and development agencies to create a worldwide culture of utilizing private sector expertise to achieve the SDGs. The core mission of the Accelerator is to exponentially scale-up its ventures (scale-up, scale-deep, scale wide), as well as their impact at national and international levels. The Technical Task Lead will be part of the UNDP ImpactAIM project team supporting the project with the day-to-day management and implementation of Accelerator programs, including all substantive administrative, operational and financial matters.