Full-time (100% workload)
The WASH/ Public Health Coordinator takes lead on activities related to public health, especially focused on COVID prevention, ensuring quality programming that responds to the needs of vulnerable people. The Coordinator will ensure strong collaboration and coordination with relevant stakeholders such as MoH, WHO and other actors. The WASH/ Public Health Coordinator reports to the Emergency Program Manager based in Yerevan and works closely with other relevant PIN Managers and Coordinators. The WASH/ Public Health Coordinator represents PIN in coordination with relevant stakeholders such as MoH, WHO and local health facilities. He/ she may represent PIN in cluster and sub-cluster meetings at the national/regional levels if required.
Risk Communication and Community Engagement:
- Coordinate with MoH and other relevant authorities, WHO and other relevant actors to design risk communication and community engagement strategy, identifying the most effective channels of information to effectively reach population;
- Ensure that PIN supports existing efforts (especially of the government) and do not create a parallel system;
- Lead on the preparation of the design and production of RCCE material, ensuring spending remains within project budget;
- Launch and supervise the risk communication and community engagement campaign among displaced and host populations.
Infection Risk Mapping:
- Lead the identification and selection of health structures that will receive PIN support;
- Together with the health consultant, design the infection risk mapping methodology and implementation plan (monitoring tool);
- Monitor health structures and collective shelters supported for the implementation and effectiveness of recommended risk reduction measures;
- Together with the Health Consultant, design the IPC training;
- Organize and supervise the conduct of IPC trainings in each of the 40 supported facilities (health structures and collective shelters).
- Support the Emergency PM in the recruitment process of health consultants, and supervise the consultants throughout the project;
- Plan and implement the projects in collaboration with the Program Manager;
- Supervise implementation of the projects;
- Continuously communicate with and report to Emergency PM;
- Assist in ensuring that project activities are aligned with donor commitments, humanitarian standards, with sensitivity to the needs of program beneficiaries;
- Continuously inform the management about progress in project implementation, prepare reports about the situation in field;
- Ensure project activities continue in absence of the Program Manager;
- Assist in verifying data, data collection, for projects, planning and reporting;
- Collect relevant information from local communities;
- Support Emergency PM in meetings with representatives of authorities, other NGOs, clusters/ UN;
- Provide assistance to the implementing partners (i.e. local administration, community groups);
- Archive acquired and entrusted documents and materials in proper manner;
- Take on other job-related duties when assigned by Emergency PM.
The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his specialization. In case of urgent work and suchlike the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays with relevant compensation.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Knowledge of English language; knowledge of Russian language is a plus.
- Public health related education;
- Experience in implementing projects related to the public health;
- Experience with awareness raising and campaigns;
- Proven capacity to work with communities;
- Proven experience in liaising with authorities;
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically;
- Approachable, good listener able to build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, team members and external partners including at community level;
- Ability to create a team environment and coordinate with other departments;
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, respond quickly to requests;
- Reliable and self-reliant personality.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (in English language);
- CV (in English language);
- Contacts of 3 references including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant.
The above mentioned should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading "WASH/ Public Health Coordinator". Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for more details and the interview.
Խնդրում ենք Ձեր նամակում հստակ նշել, որ այս աշխատանքի հնարավորության մասին տեղեկացել եք Կարիերայի կենտրոնի վեբ-կայքից և նշեք կայքի հղումը՝ www.careercenter.am։ Շնորհակալություն.
Will be provided to shortlisted candidates only.
Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.