Teach For Armenia (TFA) is building a movement of leaders who will reshape what it means to provide an excellent education for all children across the nation. TFA aims to cultivate students who can harness their voices and shape a changing world while being committed to their communities. This will require support at every level of leadership, from its teachers in the classroom, to the highest-ranking officials. Teach For Armenia aims to accomplish this vision by recruiting promising leaders, both in Armenia and from across the diaspora, to teach for a 2-year commitment in schools where their knowledge and skills are needed. In the long-run, the Organization is cultivating a network of changemakers, inclusive of its students, their communities, Alumni, government officials, community partners, supporters, and affiliates from across Teach For All.
The Role: By 2025, Teach For Armenia aims to recruit 360+ Teacher-Leaders. To do so, TFA must increase its recruitment goal by 20% each and every year. Once TFA reaches scale, it will plateau and remain at a “steady state". Young professionals represent a crucial part of the cohort. Moreover, in line with scaling, its vision is to engage more and more university young professionals as well as ensure high visibility of the Teach For Armenia brand.
The Team: All members of the Young Professionals Recruitment team will report directly to the Young Professionals Recruitment Manager. The Young Professionals Recruitment team is part of the larger Recruitment team, which in turn is a part of the “Talent Initiatives” division, which includes Human Resources as well as Selection. The Young Professionals Recruitment Manager will report to the Head of Recruitment.
About You: Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. TFA team must be culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership they are striving to cultivate in their classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify its Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards, while owning up to mistakes when they themselves falter.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Driving Strategy (40%)
- Develop strong strategies around the recruitment of young professionals and increasing overall public awareness;
- Together with the Team engage in public events, online and offline activities in order to ensure the successful implementation of young professionals’ recruitment;
- Engage with schools, as well as the Teacher-Leaders and Alumni community to ensure the recruitment of current teachers;
- Build a strong network of supporters with leaders of relevant organizations;
- Ensure the sustainability and efficient implementation of special projects (e.g. referral programs).
Leading Team (30%)
- Set ambitious targets for the Young Professionals Recruitment Team;
- Conduct weekly check-ins with direct reports and team meetings in order to discuss progress and resolve challenges;
- Ensure the team is developing skills, from headhunting to storytelling, for the purpose of recruitment.
Planning and Evaluation (20%)
- Throughout the recruitment season, ensure that the team is tracking data through Salesforce in order to assess progress against goals;
- Throughout the year ensure the alignment of Young Professionals recruitment to the whole recruitment process in collaboration with the Head of Recruitment;
- At the end of the recruitment season, together with the Head of Recruitment, evaluate the team’s impact, assess strengths, as well as areas for improvement;
- Create time throughout the recruitment season to assess progress and determine potential pivots in strategy.
Participating in Org-Wide and Cross-Collaborative Initiatives (10%)
- Participate at regular org-wide events and initiatives to build up on the organizational culture and be a part of the key strategic meetings and events;
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed.
Note: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. TFA is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
- At least a bachelor’s degree; however, many staff members at Teach For Armenia possess a master’s degree or higher;
- At least 2 years of experience in leading teams with demonstrated results;
- At least 2 years of experience in recruitment, sales or other relevant experience;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; proficiency in Russian language is a plus;
- A meaningful personal connection to the Armenian context;
- Previous work experience or joint projects in the field of education is a plus.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Recruitment: With such ambitious goals, TFA needs a leader with a demonstrated track record of meeting targets in recruitment, sales or other relevant areas;
- Team Management: During peak season, the Young Professionals Recruitment Manager will directly manage seasonal recruiters and/ or recruitment associates. It is important for the Young Professionals Recruitment Manager to build a strong team culture and invest others in a vision for success while managing towards results;
- Partnerships: Without key partnerships, TFA will not be able to reach its recruitment aims. For that reason, the Young Professionals Recruitment Manager must be a master of cultivating strong partnerships with schools, career institutions, non-governmental organizations and other relevant stakeholders;
- Collaboration: Recruitment intersects with various departments across the organization, from Marketing and Brand Strategy to Regional Teams. TFA needs a leader who is able to partner with others in order to exploit opportunities and mitigate risks;
- Headhunting: The Young Professionals Recruitment Manager will be responsible for headhunting talented individuals that are dispersed across different professional settings through diverse headhunting strategies, like networking and LinkedIn outreach.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by submitting their résumé and cover letter online: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=104
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to TFA mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian, please provide an English translation.
Խնդրում ենք Ձեր նամակում հստակ նշել, որ այս աշխատանքի հնարավորության մասին տեղեկացել եք Կարիերայի կենտրոնի վեբ-կայքից և նշեք կայքի հղումը՝ www.careercenter.am։ Շնորհակալություն.
TFA Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of its students and their communities. As such, TFA is an organization that is committed to equity, and it strives to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Health Insurance;
- Mental health counselling services;
- Working remotely opportunity;
- Professional development opportunity;
- Scholarship for graduate studies;
- Gym membership financial support;
- Additional paid days off;
- Referral bonus;
- Team retreats, events and teambuildings;
- Business trips;
- Birthdays and anniversaries celebration;
- Child care fund;
- Paternity leave.