GIZ is looking for an Advisor for Sustainable Pasture Management for the country component Armenia within the regional project "Management of natural resources and safeguarding of ecosystem services for sustainable rural development in the South Caucasus (ECOserve)". The incumbent will work in the team towards the shared project goal of improving conditions for sustainable land use in Armenia and thereby protecting biodiversity and conserving ecosystem services. The Advisor for Sustainable Pasture Management (SPM) will be mainly responsible for the further development of the field of ecosystem-based sustainable pasture management within the Project as well as the successful piloting and introduction of sustainable pasture management practices on the local level (1.000h hectares or more) together with project partners. He/ she will continue ongoing collaborations and facilitate the knowledge management and promotion of best practices both on local and national level with a focus on scalable approaches for biodiversity friendly SPM. He/ she will maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions, counterparts and GIZ and will represent the Project in relevant events, networks and measures.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct project activities in close coordination with partner representatives and carry out other activities required for implementing measures related to SPM processes;
- Advise partners ministries and community representatives on the balancing processes of competing land use demands in a way that is optimal for human well-being and the environment;
- Independently plan and steer the yearly budget required for his/ her area of responsibility and coordinate it regularly with the team leader;
- Support the Coordination Platform for Sustainable Management of Armenia's Natural Fodder Areas (Pastures and Grasslands) - http://arot.am
- Provide expert input on SPM and related concepts, e.g. on the role of livestock/ rangeland in sustainable land use management and the potential for wide-scale and mosaic (forest) landscape restoration and land degradation neutrality;
- Develop and maintain contacts to livestock farmer representatives, relevant governmental partners as well as stakeholders in the civil society, the private sector and other projects and systematically register their perspective and needs related to SPM;
- Analyse information on management of pastures and grasslands in the pilot communities and identify opportunities to improve pasture management practices, making information available to the partners and communities (e.g. carrying capacity of pasture land);
- Actively participate and advise project partners on SPM approaches and tools;
- Conceptualise inputs by external consultants and develop terms of reference, select and coordinate consultants and assure quality of their work in coordination with the team leader;
- Support to the implementation of activities in other thematic areas of the Project;
- Responsible for active contribution to networking and cooperation with national and international partners and stakeholders at South Caucasus, national, regional and local level;
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders directly and support the Team Leader in communication with partners;
- Represent the Project in networking events and meetings;
- Contribute to knowledge management, communication of research findings, analysis and compilation of lessons-learnt;
- Support the Project team and team leaders in all relevant organisational and management matters;
- Ensure good cooperation and working relations within the Project team, the GIZ Country Office and other projects implemented by GIZ;
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- University degree (at least MA/ Msc.) in either Environmental Governance, Political Sciences, Agriculture, Natural Resources Management or environment-related field; a PhD degree would be an asset;
- Knowledge of natural resources management, energy efficiency or environment in general;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel);
- Experience in cooperation with complex partner and stakeholder settings;
- Excellent knowledge (written and oral) of English, Armenian and Russian languages; knowledge of German language is an asset;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
- Excellent social and communication skills, ability to liaise and cooperate with others, active listening to partners' opinions and needs both on local and national level;
- Good presentation skills with creative approaches;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Ability to apply professional expertise successfully in cooperation, advisory services and management;
- Willingness to work in a diverse team and partners with different backgrounds; willingness to work on local, national and regional level;
- Good established network in the field is an asset;
- Willingness to travel within Armenia regularly as well as occasionally abroad;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de
, indicating the vacancy title ("Advisor for Sustainable Land Use and Pasture Management") in the subject line. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 59 Hanrapetutyan Str., Yerevan. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
The ECOserve project ("Management of Natural Resources and Conservation of Ecosystem Services for Sustainable Development in Rural Areas in the South Caucasus") works in the South Caucasus. In Armenia, the aim is to improve sustainable management practices in the predominant land use categories of the country, mainly pastures and grasslands, and to improve the energy supply for households in rural areas. To this end, the programme supports national reform processes, framework conditions and capacity development at local, national and regional level. It furthermore supports evidence-based policy by improving the availability of relevant data. It promotes environmental awareness among the population through environmental education and campaign work with young people and schools. The Project is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and carried out with the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure, the Ministry of Economy and the Ministry of Environment and in cooperation with other partner organizations. The Programme contributes to conserving the diversity of species and habitats in the South Caucasus. For more information, please visit: https://www.biodivers-southcaucasus.org/