Tufenkian Foundation and AGCO are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Agronomist who will ensure effective operation of foundation-owned agro-businesses, while supporting establishment and operation of AGCO owned agro-businesses. AGCO, a new business initiative in Southern Kashatagh, will be established within 1 year; by that time, the Agronomist will have supported the improvement of foundation economic development initiatives in agriculture, as well as implementation of the projects in Mijnavan and neighboring communities.
- According to Mijnavan-based Cluster and Local Value chain assessment reports, carry out surveys (update reports) to understand the community, private sector, selected product chains, potential stakeholders, and current institutional environment, including information on market opportunities;
- Implement pilot agro project in Southern Kashatagh aimed at promotion of local farmer - entrepreneurs. Based on this develop a business model ensuring increased income for the farmers as well as the foundation, as well as boosting resettlement;
- Explore new agro product cultivation opportunities which can produce income, taking into account local climate and other advantages;
- Identify local farmers' needs and organize trainings and other capacity-building measures for them;
- Analyze status and then manage the Foundation's fruit orchards (over 20 ha) and make suggestions to improve yield and profitability;
- Develop and maintain effective relations with agro input suppliers and buyers and other value chain actors;
- Manage Experimental orchard aimed at testing opportunities to diversify agro-products cultivation in Southern Kashatagh;
- Support establishment and operation of new business entity engaged in Agriculture (AGCO). Work on business model under CEO's leadership. Provide suggestion on agro-products that the new entity should produce. Calculate the profitability of suggested agro-products;
- Ensure effective management of established agro-businesses in the frame of ACGO;
- Perform other assignments in the frame of foundation project implementation in Southern Kashatagh.
- Higher education in the field of Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agro-Economy or related fields with specialization on fruit and vegetable production;
- Demonstrated experience in agro production, including at least 5 years of working experience in ongoing farming business operations;
- Strong experience in networking; ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community and other stakeholders;
- Experience in team management;
- Experience in cooperative development projects;
- Knowledge and skills to analyze agro value chains;
- Excellent coordination skills;
- Ability to communicate in literate Armenian language (oral and written); good English and Russian language knowledge is preferable.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to: email@example.com
mentioning the position title in the subject line of the email (“Agronomist, Deputy CEO”). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Highly competitive, based on experience
The Tufenkian Foundation was launched in 1999 to address the most pressing social, economic, cultural and environmental challenges facing Armenia. For almost two decades, the Foundation has worked to meet this need by modeling new approaches to longstanding challenges, while pioneering projects that create changes that can ripple through multiple layers of Armenian society. To date, the Foundation has completed more than 70 projects in Armenia to combat poverty, promote education, protect the natural environment, renew national, civic, cultural and religious values, and foster social justice and respect for human rights.