The Role: As Teach For Armenia prepares to scale, the organization is rapidly expanding. For that reason, the Talent Initiatives Division at Teach For Armenia is looking for a leader who can grow with the organization. At present, we have a Head of Human Resources who will be going on maternity leave. The Deputy Director for Talent Initiatives will cover for this individual while she is away. Meanwhile, the organization is looking to the future, and there is a possibility for the Deputy Director to advance within the organization by overseeing all talent acquisition activities, including recruitment and selection for the core program. In short, Teach For Armenia is looking for a leader who has a strong understanding of local labor law while pulling on international best practices in Human Resources and talent management.
The Team: The Deputy Director of Talent Initiatives will be a member of the larger “Talent Initiatives Team”. The Deputy Director of Talent Initiatives will report to the Managing Director of Talent Initiatives, who in turn will manage the Head of Recruitment as well as the Head of Selection and Matriculation. The Deputy Director of Talent Initiatives will directly manage the Human Resources and Procurement Coordinator, and later the Head of Human Resources (upon her return from maternity leave). Meanwhile, the Deputy Director will support the Managing Director to coach and develop the Head of Recruitment and Head of Selection.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
- Lead efforts to headhunt top talent for vacant positions through proactive recruitment efforts;
- Orchestrate Teach For Armenia’s hiring processes for internal positions;
- Partner with team leads to ensure that they have a strong pulse on priorities in order to determine appropriate headcount projections;
- Ensure that all the new coming staff members are equipped with the required equipment and technology.
Oversee HR Systems (25%)
- Create the systems and structures necessary to support the organization’s ambitious growth plans, in particular around Human Resources and Procurement;
- Ensure that Teach For Armenia’s policies and processes are in compliance with Armenia’s labor laws;
- Partner with executives and team leads to ensure that they have a strong pulse on priorities in order to determine appropriate headcount projections;
- Ensure that all the required and supporting documents, including internal orders, employment/ service contracts, TL related documentation are timely prepared for signing and properly filed;
- Assist teams through the Performance Review process.
Lead Team (20%)
- Oversee staff associated with Human Resources as well as the Vendor Relations/ Procurement;
- Equip the team with the resources necessary to reach goals while providing the space to lead;
- Cultivate strong coordination between the Human Resources Team and other functions;
- Promote strong project management with clear ownership and decision-making processes on the Human Resources Team;
- Coach and develop direct reports so that they are prioritizing the right actions in order to achieve progress towards goals;
- Ensure that all members of the Human Resources team have individual goals as well as personalized professional development plans.
Promote Talent Initiatives (25%)
- Support the Managing Director for Talent Initiatives on various projects that boost Teach For Armenia’s reputation as the “best place to work”;
- Support the Managing Director for Talent Initiatives to strengthen the Recruitment and Selection processes for Teacher - Leaders;
- Partner with the Program Team in order to ensure the Teacher - Leaders and Alumni Ambassadors thrive within the wider ecosystem.
Support Org-Wide Initiatives (10%)
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed.
- At least a bachelor’s degree; master’s degree or higher is preferred;
- At least 5 years of professional experience preferably in HR or recruitment, with at least 3 years of leading others;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages;
- Demonstrated track record orchestrating effective systems and structures;
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Bamboo HR is preferred;
- Experience designing and facilitating adult learning is preferred.
- Headhunting skills: as it grows in scale, Teach For Armenia needs to be more creative in how it approaches top talent. It needs a leader who knows how to “headhunt” and lead a strong hiring process;
- HR best practices: as it strives to be one of the best places to work, Teach For Armenia needs a leader who will continuously improve its systems and structures in order to be the best in the world;
- Building systems and structures: as the organization moves out of the startup phase and prepares for scale, the Deputy Director of Talent Initiatives must be highly organized and able to build robust systems and structures that will support the organization’s growth;
- Leading others: as an important leader on the team, the Deputy Director must be committed to making sure that everyone on the Talent Initiatives Division is growing in their professional development;
- Cross-collaboration: given that this role will intersect with all teams, it will be essential for the Deputy Director of Talent Initiatives to be a master of cross-collaboration.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=63&source=other
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to Teach For Armenia mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by current Teach For Armenia staff members, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian language, please provide an English translation.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Teach For Armenia is a growing non-profit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Teach For Armenia team must be composed of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership they are striving to cultivate in their classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify their Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards, while owning up to mistakes when they themselves falter.