The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for a Field Advisor (locally contracted, full time, f/m) for the project “Local Empowerment of Actors for Development in Shirak province of Armenia (LEAD4Shirak)".
- Identify the potential LAGs in close contact with local administrations, residents, non-profits, businesses and other local stakeholders;
- Establish contact and work liaison with local actors, potential beneficiaries, marz administration, extension service providers and other local stakeholders;
- Assess the capacity needs for potential LAG members and support provision of the capacity development measures;
- Set up and ensure effective cooperation within the LAGs between local administrations, residents, non-profits, businesses, and other local stakeholders;
- Support in arranging study visits, organizing capacity development and other events for the potential LAG members and serve as resource persons in interacting with the beneficiaries;
- Monitor grant implementation in their respective areas and recommend corrective measures as needed;
- Support elaboration of the Local Development Strategies (LDS) for the LAGs in their respective areas and their further implementation;
- Monitor the project local environment and implementation progress and recommend adjustment measures as necessary; ensure compliance with ADA’s Environmental, Gender and Social Impact Management (EGSIM) Manual;
- Regularly monitor the risks and implement identified risk mitigation measures;
- Draft regular activity and monitoring reports supporting the Rural Development Expert in his reporting duties;
- Carry out any other job-related duties as required by the Supervisor.
- University degree in Rural Development, Economics, Business, Finance or Public Administration, Development Studies, or other related field; post-graduate degree (master level or higher) is an asset;
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in development programmes and projects, preferably in rural development sector or in private business or non-profit sector; successful experience with EU or ADC funded projects is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated understanding of LEADER/ CLLD methodology and local development;
- Understanding of project/ programme management cycle (including monitoring and evaluation);
- Understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards, including cross-cutting issues is highly desirable;
- Good leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal/ social and communication skills;
- Good written and oral communication/ reporting skills in English language is required; knowledge of German language would be an advantage;
- Understanding of gender, diversity and environmental dimensions, ability to integrate the gender perspective into tasks and activity;
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications;
- Ability and willingness to travel within Shirak and work flexible hours;
- Adherence to the highest standards of ethics;
- Valid driving license (category B) is an asset;
- Self-motivation, decisiveness and hands-on mentality;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in multinational and multicultural environment.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV with a cover letter, as well as other relevant documents to: email@example.com
with the subject line “LEAD4Shirak - Field Advisor".
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
The minimum salary for this position depends on qualification and experience and is based on a full-time employment.
The incumbent will work in Gyumri on a full-time basis. Please note, that no accommodation and other allowances are foreseen. ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for the recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please refrain from phone calls.
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) has been delegated by the European Union (EU) to implement a strategic project focusing on development of Local Empowerment of Actors for Development in Shirak province of Armenia (LEAD4Shirak). The overall objective of the action is to “to promote inclusive and sustainable growth and improved livelihoods of rural population in Shirak marz through support to community-driven local development initiatives and partnerships” by focusing on the following specific objectives:
Specific Objective 1: A sustainable mechanism for mobilizing local actors for development according to the EU LEADER approach is set up in Shirak marz;
Specific Objective 2: The implementation of community needs-based projects according to the EU LEADER approach has been supported in Shirak marz.
The Project envisages achievement of the following results:
Output 1: The regulatory framework and delivery system for Community Led Local Development (CLLD)/ LEADER are effective in Shirak marz;
Output 2: At least 2 representative Local Action Groups (LAGs) have been established and are operational;
Output 3: Local stakeholders in two LAGs have elaborated an inclusive, gender-sensitive and sustainable multi-annual community-driven Local Development Strategy (LDS) and an Implementation Plan (IP) that represents the needs, interests and potentials of the local population;
Output 4: Local economic and social initiatives and innovations have been supported based on the priorities set up in the LDS and according to the grant and support scheme;
Output 5: LAGs and local stakeholders have been involved in lively exchanges, capitalizing on the CLLD/ LEADER approach and furthering its sustainable anchoring in the institutional fabric of Armenia.
The Project worth 4.5 mln. Euros has started in October 2020 with an overall duration of 48 months. To support the ADC Office for Technical Cooperation in Yerevan (OTC) in ensuring a successful implementation of this project, ADA is recruiting an experienced Field Advisor for a maximum of 42 months, starting in April 2021. Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) has a long-standing partnership with the Government of Armenia, which has been a priority partner country since 2012. The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the ADC, supports its partner countries in implementing programmes and projects and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ADA’s focus in Armenia lies on projects in agriculture, rural development and good governance. Further background information and documents regarding ADC’s engagement in Armenia are available on our homepage www.entwicklung.at