The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for a Finance and Administration Manager (full-time, f/m, locally contracted) for the project “Local Empowerment of Actors for Development in Shirak province of Armenia (LEAD4Shirak)”. Under the direct supervision of the International Team Leader, the incumbent will be responsible for the overall administration, accounting and financial reporting, procurement, human resources management, as well as supervision of the support staff. This position is based in the project office in Gyumri with occasional trips to Shirak marz (province) communities and Yerevan.
Budget and Finance Management
- Ensure sound financial management of the Project, including ensuring compliance of the project expenses with ADA and EU relevant budgetary and financial policies and procedures;
- Conduct budget monitoring, produce detailed budget and expenditure reports following ADA and EU rules and regulations; ensure risk management, prepare monthly cost forecasts, draft financing requests;
- Support project audit activities in close coordination with the F&A Unit at ADA’s HQ;
- Assist project staff in preparing budgets for project components in accordance with EU and ADA requirements;
- Identify financial management issues and propose corrective action to the International Team Leader.
Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure proper accounting, in particular verifying incoming financial documentation, requests for payment and financial reports received from contractors and beneficiaries for accuracy and compliance; maintain all financial transactions and manage petty cash account of the project office;
- Ensure compliance with local tax, customs and financial management regulations, including maintaining relations with local tax authorities.
- Plan and manage procurement/ tendering processes and procedures for works, services and goods for the Project;
- Contribute to the development of technical specifications and ToRs for the procurement/ tendering of works, services and goods in consultation with project team;
- Support the project team in preparing of the grant guidelines;
- Process the grant and support scheme;
- Oversee the financial performance of grants;
- Monitor contract implementation until contract closure procedures and final reporting.
- Ensure compliance with local labour law and regulations, organize and maintain HR administration, including contracting, payroll calculations, payments, etc.
- Oversee office management and project-related procurement activities and purchase orders, including financial and contractual preparations and management;
- Ensure proper functioning of the project office;
- Supervise the support staff consisting of Communications and Event Manager and the Logistician/ Driver.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required by the supervisor.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or other related discipline;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the field of finance and accounting, preferably in an international environment;
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and experience in project accounting and reporting; experience in financial management of EU funded projects and donor funded projects would be an advantage;
- Experience in development cooperation; understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards;
- Knowledge of the procurement of goods and service contracts, preferably under EU rules; knowledge of the Austrian Procurement Law would be an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian accounting, tax, labour, legislation and regulatory requirements;
- Excellent written and oral communication/ reporting skills in English and Armenian languages; knowledge of German and/ or Russian languages would be an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and financial software;
- Excellent inter-personal/ social and communication skills; ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrated gender and diversity competence;
- Availability to travel;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV, Cover Letter, as well as other relevant documents to: email@example.com
with the subject line "LEAD4Shirak - Finance and Administration Manager".
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
The minimum salary for this position depends on qualification and experience and is based on a full-time employment.
This project position is subject to the pending signature of the Contribution Agreement between the EU and ADA. ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for the recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) has been delegated by the European Union (EU) to implement a strategic project focusing on development of Local Empowerment of Actors for Development in Shirak province of Armenia (LEAD4Shirak). The project funded by the European Union with a volume of EUR 4.5 mln will be implemented in Armenia’s Shirak Province over a period of 48 months. To support the ADC Office for Technical Cooperation in Yerevan (OTC) in ensuring a successful implementation of this project, ADA is recruiting an experienced Finance and Administration Manager based in Gyumri for a maximum of 51 months (including the closure period) starting in October 2020.
The overall objective of the action is “to promote inclusive and sustainable growth and improved livelihoods of rural population in Shirak marz through support to community-driven local development initiatives and partnerships” by focusing on the following specific objectives:
Specific Objective 1: A sustainable mechanism for mobilising local actors for development in line with the EU LEADER approach is set up in Shirak marz;
Specific Objective 2: The implementation of community needs-based projects in line with the the EU LEADER approach has been supported in Shirak marz.
The project envisages achievement of the following results:
Output 1: The regulatory framework and delivery system for CLLD/ LEADER are effective in Shirak marz;
Output 2: At least two representative Local Action Groups (LAGs) have been established and are operational;
Output 3: Local stakeholders in two LAGs have elaborated an inclusive, gender-sensitive and sustainable multi-annual community-driven Local Development Strategy (LDS) and an Implementation Plan (IP) that represents the needs, interests and potentials of the local population;
Output 4: Local economic and social initiatives and innovations have been supported based on the priorities set up in the LDS and according to the grant and support scheme;
Output 5: LAGs and local stakeholders have been involved in lively exchanges, capitalising on the CLLD/ LEADER approach and furthering its sustainable anchoring in the institutional fabric of Armenia.