The My Armenia Program is seeking a short-term Graphic Designer to develop promotional materials and branding for tourism experiences, general program promotional materials, and event- and campaign-related materials. The materials may include both print and digital assets, such as brochures, business cards, banners, posters, digital profiles, etc. Additional details can be found in Annex A: Scope of Work (SOW) in Annex A.
The selected Graphic Designer will be responsible for working with the My Armenia Program's graphic designers, the program's marketing and communication teams, as well as program beneficiaries on the implementation of the following tasks:
- Develop logos and branding materials for an estimated 10 program beneficiaries;
- Develop promotional materials for an estimated 10 program beneficiaries (brochures, leaflets, business cards, signs, digital materials, etc.), dependent on need assessment performed by MAP;
- Develop MAP digital and print promotional materials such as campaign branding, catalogs, and event-related materials.
The Graphic Designer will work with MAP's marketing specialist and programs graphic designer to review drafts of and finalize each assigned design deliverable. Deliverables may include, but are not limited to, final digital and printing files developed per assignment for marketing purposes and final digital files developed for social media and other online use. All templates and branding guidelines for each experience or campaign will be provided by MAP in advance. All deliverables are subject to My Armenia review and approval.
Estimated Level of Effort and Travel
Estimated level of effort: Dependent on work assigned, but not to exceed 100 days (up to 8 hours per day) over up to six months, pending finalized period of performance.
Anticipated travel needs: For program activities, the graphic designer may need to travel to Armenia's regions. If travel is required, MAP may request a quote for travel expenses. Approved travel expenses will be reimbursed to the Contractor. Please submit travel budget based on the average travel needed per year.
The My Armenia Program will assess the applications, interview the top 3-5 candidates, and make a selection based on the following evaluation factors, all of which are considered of equal importance:
- At least 3 years of experience in graphic design and branding;
- University (bachelor's) degree in a related field.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and CorelDraw;
- Experience in visual identity (branding), marketing collateral (brochures), and illustration;
- Experience in 2D animation design will be considered as a plus.
- Portfolio showing exceptional creativity and innovation in both print and digital.
- Bidders should provide a detailed quote, including a gross hourly rate in AMD.
- Fluency in Armenian and written English languages will be a plus.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Applications submitted must include the following information to be deemed responsive to this Request for Quote and accepted by the My Armenia Program:
- Gross hourly rate in AMD;
- Portfolio of previous similar work showing the capacity to carry out the Scope of Work and any relevant details about applicant background/ experience that render him/ her as a strong candidate for carrying out the services;
- At least one reference contact name from previous employers;
- CV demonstrating relevant experience, skills, and technical knowledge per the evaluation factors listed above.
Applications must be submitted to: Alisa Ayvazyan, Finance and Operations Manager at: SmithsonianHR@gmail.com
with a CC to: Marianna Nikoghosyan, Marketing Specialist at: NikoghosyanM@si.edu
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
To support its activities in promoting Armenia's cultural heritage tourism offering and increasing awareness of Armenia as a cultural heritage tourism destination, MAP is seeking a Contractor who can provide graphic design services to enhance marketing and promotional needs of its beneficiaries and the program in general.
- Program beneficiaries' needs will be focused around various touristic experience providers such as gastro experiences, craft workshops, history, and nature activities. The materials to be developed may include brochures, leaflets, business cards, signs, digital materials such as social media assets, as well as other individual needs;
- General program needs will be focused on the promotion of the program as such, various one-time campaign and events. The materials to be developed may include campaign branding, catalogs, and event-related material development in both digital and print formats.
Where applicable the Contractor will be required to work with previously established branding guidelines and templates.
Annex A: Scope of Work, My Armenia Program
Graphic designer for My Armenia Regional Museums.
My Armenia Program Background
My Armenia, a joint partnership between USAID, the Smithsonian Institution, and the people of Armenia, harnesses the power of research, documentation, and storytelling to strengthen cultural sustainability through community-based tourism development. As outlined by USAID|Armenia and the Smithsonian Institution, the primary goals of this five-year program are to build the capacity of the cultural heritage sector to drive increased cultural heritage tourism in Armenia (increase the number of tourist visits, increase spending and days stayed per tourist with an emphasis outside of the capital, and create new job opportunities for Armenians). Guided by its mission for the "increase and diffusion of knowledge" and its interest in supporting long-term high-quality cultural heritage work, the Smithsonian Institution (SI) and its partners will work towards these joint goals. SI will apply its long history of support for cultural heritage preservation and support to community economies to strengthen cultural heritage tourism in Armenia. In collaboration with USAID, SI has identified four major objectives for the project:
Objective 1: Strengthen Armenia’s cultural heritage tourism offering;
Objective 2: Increase awareness of Armenia as a cultural heritage tourism destination;
Objective 3: Improve cultural tourism sector workforce skills;
Objective 4: Coordinate GOAM, donor, resource partner, and stakeholder involvement.