The Head of Learning and Innovation is ultimately responsible for ensuring that Teach For Armenia is accelerating its impact by evaluating progress and strengthening the Company's programming. The projects are overseen by Learning and Innovation currently include Teacher For Armenia's incubator, Community Impact Projects, the development of a potential online Master's program in teaching, as well as TSIL app, an online platform to support Change-Based Learning and student-led initiatives. In close partnership with the Regional Teams, the Head of Learning and Innovation ensures that the programs align with our Kochari in order to realize the Company's 2050 Promise. In order to build programming that is responsive to Teach For Armenia's students, the Head of Learning and Innovation manages the Programs Design Manager, the Innovation Manager, the Data and Impact Manager, and the Student Leadership Manager. The Head of Learning and Innovation reports to the Managing Director of Program, who also manages the Regional Heads. Together, the Learning and Innovation team partners with the Regional teams in order to co-create programs to help accelerate the impact of the Student-Leaders, Teacher-Leaders, and Alumni Ambassadors.
Driving Strategy (20%):
- Partner with the Regional Heads and The Managing Director of Program to devise long-term strategies to ensure Teach For Armenia is developing strong programming in order to realize its 2050 Promise.
Leading Team (30%):
- Coach, develop and support each member of the Learning and Innovation team so that they achieve ambitious targets.
Launching and Leading Special Projects (40%):
- Partner with External Affairs (and other teams) to launch special initiatives that align with the Kochari and help the Organization to achieve its 2050 Promise.
Supporting Org-Wide Initiatives (10%):
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed.
Note: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- System-Change Thinking: The Head of Learning and Innovation needs to keep a "birds-eye view" over the whole education system in order to co-create programming that will lead to long-term system-wide change;
- Learning and Evaluation: Teach For Armenia strives to be a learning organization. The Company can only do that through rigorous evaluation of its impact so that it can draw out learning and incorporate lessons learned into its programs;
- Program Design: The Head of Learning and Innovation needs to be a master at designing effective programs that support accelerated learning for diverse audiences, from students to school leaders;
- Pedagogy and Andragogy: As an organization focused on transformation through education, the Head of Learning and Innovation must have a deep commitment to exploring the use and application of diverse teaching methodologies to support both students as well as adult learners;
- Leading Co-Creation: As the Head of Learning and Innovation, it will be key to not only an effective people manager, it will also be important to ensure that each teammate is collaborating with various individuals in order to co-create solutions.
Aside from these core competencies, Teach for Armenia is also looking for the following qualifications:
- At least 10 years of experience in the education sector is preferred;
- At least 4 years of experience of leading and/ or coaching others is preferred;
- Fluency in both Armenian and English languages is highly preferred;
- At least a bachelor's degree.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Please submit your résumé and cover letter via the following link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=57&source=bamboohr
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to The Company's mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian language, please provide an English language translation.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Teach For Armenia's team must be comprised of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership it is striving to cultivate in its classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify our Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when they falter.
Teach For Armenia's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of its students and their communities. As such it is an organization that is committed to equity and strives to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.