Over the past seven years since Teach For Armenia’s founding, the organization has launched various exciting projects that have had system-wide change across Armenia and Artsakh. Among them is the Seroond School Leadership Pathway (a.k.a. Seroond) which is a talent pipeline and leadership development pathway for the Alumni-Ambassadors, aiming to apply an innovation school model that draws on best practices from around the world to deliver high-quality education centering on students, educators, school leaders, and the community. Seroond is a multi-stakeholder initiative, bringing together the Armenian Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport (MoESCS), Tavush regional government, and the global nonprofit Kizazi, to catalyze transformational change across the Armenian public school system. Through Seroond, it envisions schools that cultivate self-actualized leaders who think globally and work locally to build a better future for themselves and their communities. To achieve this, Teach For Armenia has designed a school model that uses the local context - with all its resources and expertise - as a springboard for innovation. The program is designed around three leadership tracks: Student Leadership, Teacher Leadership, and School Leadership. In the future, Teach For Armenia hopes that the Seroond model will be expanded in all of the regions across the country.
The Head of Seroond will serve as the Project Lead and will be responsible for helping to build the infrastructure necessary in order for Seroond to be run in Tavush region (and beyond). The Head of Seroond, will directly manage the Leadership Development Managers (LDMs) at each of the Seroond Schools. Each school is assigned an LDM, who essentially serves as a “vice principal”. Meaning, the LDM partners with the school principal in order to implement the “Seroond” model, including in-service teacher training and various educational activities for students. The Head of Seroond will report to the Managing Director of Program at Teach For Armenia, and will work alongside the Heads of Region as well as the Head of Learning and Innovation. It will be important for the Head of Seroond to collaborate closely with the Programs Design Manager as well as the Leadership Pathways Manager, both of whom report to the Head of Learning and Innovation. Meanwhile, Kizazi (the international partner) will facilitate a support program for the team to develop an operational plan and school model based on regional and global best practices in running government partnership innovation schools. Kizazi will prepare the team for the launch of the second school and for the first year of operations. Going forward, the team will continue to be a part of the Kizazi's global network - accessing further ongoing support.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Strategic Planning (10%)
- Develop a strong strategy and growth plan for Seroond;
- Work in partnership with Seroond LDMs, Kizazi, and Teach For Armenia’s leadership team in order to develop strong strategic plans for program implementation.
Leadership and Management (50%)
- Coach, develop, and mentor Seroond LDMs so that they can achieve transformational results with their respective schools;
- Ensure ongoing program implementation, with a focus on outcomes.
External Relations (20%)
- Work in partnership with the External Affairs Division at Teach For Armenia in order to ensure strong relations with MoESCS as well as regional stakeholders;
- Support the External Affairs Division to develop strong fundraising proposals for the Seroond project;
- Ensure that the Marketing and Brand Strategy Department has access to high quality content in order to spotlight the impact being achieved by Seroond.
Evaluation and Reporting (10%)
- Partner with the Learning and Innovation Department in order to establish robust data collection processes in order to evaluate impact;
- Write comprehensive reports and content that can be used for grant writing and fundraising purposes.
Supporting Org-Wide Initiatives (10%)
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Strategic Planning: Seroond is on track to expand. It needs a leader who can set a bold vision and work towards strategic outcomes;
- Team Management: In the first year, the Head of Seroond will manage two LDMs, who will in turn support a team of teachers. The Head of Seroond must be a people-first leader who is able to build a strong culture;
- Stakeholder Management: In order for Seroond to be successful, it needs someone in this role who can build strong support across government entities as well as donors;
- Program Design and Adult Learning: In order for Seroond to be successful, TFA must design high-quality adult learning experiences for school leaders and teachers;
- Pedagogy: Most importantly, the Head of Seroond must understand what it takes to deliver on an excellent education.
Aside from these core competencies, Teach For Armenia is also looking for the following qualifications:
- At least a bachelor’s degree; however, many staff members at Teach For Armenia possess a master’s degree or higher;
- At least 5 years in the education sector, with experience leading teams is preferred;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; proficiency in Russian language is a plus;
- Experience working in the Armenian public education system;
- Proven effectiveness in leading initiatives that achieve results.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their résumé and cover letter by following the link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=72
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to Teach For Armenia mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian language, please provide an English translation.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Its team must be comprised of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership it is striving to cultivate in its classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify its Core Values, hold themselves to the highest of standards, while owning up to mistakes when they falter.
TFA Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of its students and their communities. As such it is an organization that is committed to equity and it strives to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.