The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) works in countries around the world on an array of rule of law and legal reform programs. In Armenia, ABA ROLI serves as a subcontractor to Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc., on the Integrity Project, funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Under Checchi's direction, ABA ROLI leads Objective 2 of the Armenia Integrity Project to meet the following two expected results:
- ER 2.1: Legal, regulatory and policy framework for corruption prevention entities and processes developed, revised, and adopted;
- ER 2.2: Legal, regulatory, and policy framework enabling the implementation of sectoral anticorruption plans developed, revised, and adopted.
ABA ROLI seeks a qualified Armenian citizen for a full-time Legislative Advisor, based in the project's office in Yerevan, Armenia, to assist in implementation of Objective 2 of the Project, focused on development, review, and amendment of key elements of Armenia's integrity system infrastructure, including both primary and secondary legislation. Under the supervision of ABA ROLI's Deputy Chief of Party, also based in Yerevan, the Legislative Advisor will work with Checchi's team in Armenia and ABA ROLI's program team based out of the headquarters in Washington, D.C.
The duties of this post include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct comprehensive review of anticorruption and integrity system legislation in Armenia;
- Build strong relationships with counterparts to understand their needs and desires regarding integrity system policies and legislation;
- Develop, in a collaborative fashion, solutions that strengthen Armenia's integrity systems in the long run, including developing concepts, white papers, draft legislation, and implementing rules;
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of foundational anti-corruption legislation and relevant regulations;
- With other Objectives, solicit the informed input of civil society and government on possible legislative or policy changes the Project supports;
- Supervise the work of short-term technical experts (STTA) working under Objective 2;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Master's degree in Law or a relevant field;
- At least 3 years of experience in integrity, anti-corruption, or governance programming;
- Prior experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred;
- Experience with analyzing, drafting, and reviewing legislation;
- Skills in guiding the correct interpretation of, and compliance with, the various legal policies, guidelines, rules and regulations applicable to anticorruption and integrity legal matters;
- Track record of establishing strong working relationships with host country governments, civil society organizations, and other donors;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages;
- High degree of organization, professionalism, integrity, trustworthiness and flexibility;
- Ability to use discretion when working with confidential documents and information;
- Ability to operate efficiently while juggling multiple priorities.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV with "Armenia Legislative Advisor" in the email subject line by the mentioned deadline to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!