The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for a Logistician/ Driver (f/m, locally contracted, full-time) for the project “Local Empowerment of Actors for Development in Shirak Province of Armenia (LEAD4Shirak)”. Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager and the overall supervision of the International Team Leader, the incumbent will be responsible for the safe transportation of the project staff and visitors, as well as the regular maintenance of the office vehicles and logistical duties. This position is based in the project office in Gyumri with frequent trips to Shirak marz (province) communities.
- Provide driving services upon request (including overnight stays as required);
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule/ requests;
- Responsible for the day-to-day repair/ maintenance and cleanliness of office car(s);
- Keep the car logbook;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items;
- Pick up and drop off staff and visitors at the airport;
- Support the office with carrying out daily logistical tasks (customs clearance, etc.);
- Maintain office supplies stock and place orders;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organization of events, meetings, seminars, round tables, conferences and site visits;
- Support Finance and Administration Manager in planning and executing emergency procedures for office and staff safety and health;
- Make travel arrangements, including arranging cost-effective travel connections, hotel reservations, local transportation and insurance;
- Maintain passenger confidence by keeping information strictly confidential;
- Carry out any other office work or assignments, as required by the supervisor.
- Secondary technical education or equivalent;
- Valid driving license, minimum category B/ C;
- At least 5 years of professional safe driving experience with awareness of security issues; experience in the international organization will be regarded as an advantage;
- At least 3 years of experience with manual gearbox;
- Demonstrated skills in driving with 4WD vehicles also under difficult road/ weather conditions;
- Skills in minor vehicle and equipment repair;
- Good command of English language; knowledge of German and/ or Russian language is an asset;
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Flexibility to adjust working hours to actual workload, as required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure and availability to travel;
- Absolutely reliable and punctual person.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV, Cover Letter, as well as other relevant documents to: email@example.com
with the subject line "LEAD4Shirak - Logistician/ Driver".
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
The minimum salary for this position depends on qualification and experience and is based on a full-time employment.
This project position is subject to the pending signature of the Contribution Agreement between the EU and ADA. ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for the recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) has been delegated by the European Union (EU) to implement a strategic project focusing on the development of Local Empowerment of Actors for Development in Shirak province of Armenia (LEAD4Shirak). The project funded by the European Union with a volume of EUR 4.5 mln will be implemented in Armenia’s Shirak Province over a period of 48 months. To support the ADC Office for Technical Cooperation in Yerevan (OTC) in ensuring a successful implementation of this project, ADA is recruiting an experienced Logistician / Driver based in Gyumri for a maximum of 48 months, starting in October 2020.
The overall objective of the action is “to promote inclusive and sustainable growth and improved livelihoods of rural population in Shirak marz through support to community-driven local development initiatives and partnerships” by focusing on the following specific objectives:
Specific Objective 1: A sustainable mechanism for mobilising local actors for development according to the EU LEADER approach is set up in Shirak marz;
Specific Objective 2: The implementation of community needs-based projects in line with the EU LEADER approach has been supported in Shirak marz.
Within the above objectives, the project envisages achievement of the following outputs:
Output 1: The regulatory framework and delivery system for CLLD/ LEADER are effective in Shirak marz;
Output 2: At least two representative Local Action Groups (LAGs) have been established and are operational;
Output 3: Local stakeholders in at least two LAGs have elaborated an inclusive, gender-sensitive and sustainable multi-annual community-driven Local Development Strategy (LDS) and an Implementation Plan (IP) that represents the needs, interests and potentials of the local population;
Output 4: Local economic and social initiatives and innovations have been supported based on the priorities set up in the LDS and according to the grant and support scheme;
Output 5: LAGs and local stakeholders have been involved in lively exchanges, capitalising on the CLLD/ LEADER approach and furthering its sustainable anchoring in the institutional fabric of Armenia.