The Financial Expert will work under the overall guidance of the UNDP Armenia Climate Change Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of the UNDP-GCF Project Manager and National Consultant on Financial De-Risking and in close cooperation with the Project Experts' team. The incumbent will report to the Project Manager and Programme Coordinator.
The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Support in implementation of the Components 3 and 4 of the project, i.e. the implementation of the Financial Incentive Program for Public and Residential Buildings, to ensure its results are in accordance with the Project Document, and the rules and procedures established in the UNDP Programming Manual, as well as specifically in the Operational Manual of the Financial Incentive Program;
- Ensure close collaboration with the local financial institutions and other Project stakeholders to identify appropriate partners for Financial Incentive Program and oversee their work, delivery of outputs and regular financial and technical reporting;
- Support the coordination of the Project related activities with local and international financial organizations and other relevant institutions;
- Contribute to fine-tuning of the financial mechanisms of implementation of EE retrofits in buildings in Armenia, if needed;
- Provide technical backstopping to local banks and other stakeholders in developing and implementing financial instruments for EE retrofits;
- Prepare training materials and organize and supervise workshops and trainings needed for successful delivery of the Component 4 outputs;
- Contribute to the activities of consultants and sub-contractors related to the financial de-risking component of the Project;
- Provide substantive contribution to the preparation of Project regular reporting, as far as they relate to project results and activities under Components 3 and 4;
- Liaise with relevant ministries, national institutes, financial organizations and other relevant institutions in order to involve their staff in activities as necessary and gather and disseminate information relevant to the Project;
- Render consultations as required within the Program and perform other duties as may be required.
- Demonstrated ability of cooperation with stakeholders: government and municipal bodies, financial institutions, suppliers and private sector, building management bodies and home owner associations;
- Willingness to travel to the regions, where the Project operates;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability with a proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to systemize, analyze and present the data;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Management or related fields.
- At least 10 years of experience in financial sector and/ or international financial assistance sector in Armenia;
- At least 3 years of experience with projects/ institutions providing financing for energy/ energy efficiency/ renewable energy/ housing sector;
- Experience of liaising with local banks/ FIs in relation to the financial product development and/ or promotion will be a strong asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English languages; ability to review, prepare and present technical reports and make oral presentations, both in Armenian and English languages.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Applications procedures are available at: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=97054
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
For each single specific call-offs, the respective detailed ToR with specified outputs and applicable number of working days will follow in line with the main scope of works of this assignment.
Using an integrated suite of de-risking interventions, UNDP-GCF "De-risking and Scaling-up Investment in Energy Efficient Building Retrofits" project seeks to systematically de-carbonize the existing building stock in Armenia to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions while achieving sustainable development benefits. The Project, addressing both public and residential buildings, focuses on creating a favorable market environment and a scalable business model for investment in energy efficiency retrofits by addressing market barriers. These barriers to energy efficient building renovation are addressed through a combination of policy and financial de-risking instruments and targeted financial incentives to key market players. To address each specific risk area, the Project is structured under four components: a) building sector monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) and knowledge management; b) policy de-risking; c) financial de-risking; d) financial incentives. By systematically targeting barriers, the Project will significantly reduce the investment risk profile of energy efficiency building retrofits to encourage private sector investment and thereby scale-up investment in energy efficiency building retrofits in Armenia.