Checchi and Company Consulting, an international development firm based in the United States, is implementing the USAID-funded Armenia Integrity Project. The purpose of the Integrity Project is to reduce opportunities for corruption and reinforce public demand for improved governance and accountability in Armenia by strengthening corruption prevention institutions and integrity systems, supporting the implementation of specific legal-regulatory measures for corruption prevention, and facilitating a collective action approach to hold local entities engaged in corruption prevention mutually accountable. Checchi is seeking a qualified Armenian citizen for the position of Communications and Outreach Specialist to support implementation of the Objective 3 of the Project. The position is focused on building the public’s critical ability and comprehension of anti-corruption work and a common understanding of what integrity means and requires.
Under the supervision of the Objective 3 Team Leader, the Communications and Outreach Specialist will be responsible for supporting the implementation of Objective 3, to include the following:
- Work closely with counterparts and other Project Objectives to strengthen and develop Armenia's integrity system, including:
a) Supporting engagement, public awareness, and outreach efforts by government and civil society to build public understanding of integrity issues;
b) Developing the ability of civil society organizations (CSOs) to research, analyze, and communicate about integrity and corruption matters;
c) Building CSO capacity to examine the differential effects of corruption and of integrity policies on different genders and on vulnerable groups;
d) Supporting development of sustainable public participation mechanisms to ensure all voices are heard on integrity policies;
e) Assisting with a grantmaking process, in collaboration with the Grants and Subcontracts Manager;
f) Building strong relationships with counterparts to understand their needs and desires;
g) Coordinating with other projects, donors, and implementers to understand the assistance they are providing, and how it can complement or be complemented by the Project;
h) With other Objectives, soliciting the informed input of civil society and government on possible legislative or policy changes the Project supports;
- Cooperate with other Objectives to build counterpart capacity, including for:
a) Public participation and outreach to ensure that all voices are represented and that the public is well-informed of integrity measures and successes;
b) Monitoring, evaluation, and learning to ensure that counterparts are able to properly evaluate the effectiveness of integrity policies;
c) Supervising the work of short-term technical experts (STTA) working under Objective 3;
- Stand in for the Objective 3 Team Leader when the Team Leader is unavailable;
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations, Checchi procedures, and Armenian law.
- University degree in a relevant discipline and at least 4 years of professional experience; or at least 10 years of professional experience without a university degree;
- Experience with civil society, awareness building, outreach, or public participation;
- Strong analytical skills and ability;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Armenian languages;
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and efficiently coordinate several ongoing tasks;
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information;
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team;
- Strong analytical, research, and writing skills.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to send a brief cover letter and resume to: ArmeniaJobs@checchiconsulting.com
by the deadline. Please mention the position title ("Objective 3 Communications and Outreach Specialist") in the subject line of the email.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!