The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for a Procurement Assistant (with local service contract, full time, f/m) for the project "EU Green Agriculture Initiative in Armenia" (EU-GAIA) for the duration of 4 months. Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, and the overall supervision of the EU-GAIA Project Team Leader, the incumbent will pro-actively support the project team in the procurement of inputs for beneficiaries as well as for establishing demo sites and establishing/ upgrading post-harvest infrastructure units. This position is based in the ADC/ EU-GAIA project office in Yerevan although field trips might be required.
- Plan, implement and manage procurement/ tendering of goods, works or services for the project;
- Contribute to the development of technical specifications and ToRs for the procurement/ tendering of goods, works and services in consultation with relevant members of project staff;
- Prepare procurement/ tendering documents, request for proposals and other documents with the relevant EU and ADA procurement rules and implement the bidding processes;
- Support the component managers in preparing the grant contracts and drafting and preparing the award of the grant contracts for selected applicants in compliance with EU and ADA rules and regulations;
- Prepare contracts for services, supplies and works in full conformity with EU and ADA rules where applicable;
- Review quality of purchased products and equipment;
- Maintain updated records of purchased equipment; regularly update inventory list;
- Monitor contract implementation until contract closure procedures and final reporting;
- Contribute to regular narrative, as well as budget and expenditure reports (ADA and EU);
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Supervisor.
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Law, Public or Business Administration, Procurement) or equivalent experience; public procurement certification from recognized institutions is an asset;
- At least 3 years of experience in the procurement of goods, works and services in an international environment, preferably in the sphere of agriculture; knowledge of the Austrian Procurement Law is an asset;
- Experience in implementation of projects in the field of agriculture and/ or market system development would be an advantage;
- Experience in EU- or ADC-funded projects is an asset;
- Understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence, ability to integrate the gender perspective into tasks and activity;
- Excellent written and oral communication/ reporting, presentation skills in English and Armenian languages; knowledge of German and/ or Russian languages would be an asset;
- Excellent liaison skills, ability to balance interests of different stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in multinational and multicultural environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity;
- Flexibility to adjust working hours to actual workload, as required;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Valid driving license (category B) is desirable.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for the recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. All applications are due by CoB 19 March 2021. Interested candidates are welcome to send their cover letter and CV, as well as other relevant documents to: GAIA-Recruitment@ada.gv.at
with the subject line ("Procurement Assistant"). Please refrain from phone calls.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!